Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - Thursday 28th October 2004

Andy Bown

Posted

Wind stronger than ever here now, but all lightning has gone and we still haven't had any rain. The rain band has fragmented quite a lot.

Posted

Have just seen some more Lightning to my South, and the rain has got heavier again, 2nd Storm of the Night :lol: :lol:

Paul Sherman

Posted

Bit late for a storm report but I though I would post it anyway

Was down in Chatham, Kent earlier on business and after we finished we went to the pub. From the comfort of the pub I witnessed a llightning show that lasted a three full hours.

I suspect it was multiple single cell storms but the overall effect was very impressive.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

A late report of a good lightning show between 8 and 9pm last night, probably the past T-storm around here since July 17th and at the end of October aswell :lol:

Posted

good to see I'm not the only one having abit of activty!!!

while flying towards Kuala Lumpur spotted 9 anvils in all,flew very close to one of them and thourgh the tail of another one.there were many TCU's around as well.

In perth(well Mandrah)I experianced one of the best squall lines I've seen,it came right out of the blue as well and dumped 35MM of rain in 1 hour,lightning was constant,top gust was 68Mph according to my aunts wind thing(can't remember what it was called)30 miles down the road this system produced a few tornadoes as well apprantly.

On the way back towards KL I got anotherclose-up of a thunderstorm,this one was probably just an average cell,I could see all the lightning rip up the cloud as IC lightning.later on I saw what looked like to be a Multi-cell system,also making alot of lightning,we also had a close miss by a single celled system while taking of out of Kuala lumpur so that was abit of a rush job as well!!!

Still,good to see the U.k getting some thunder as well!!!

:lol:

Posted

A very late report but the internet wasn't working yesterday.

I was in Southampton yesterday and we had a HUGE storm. Torrential rain and loads of flashes of lightning. Loads of roads were flooded and I had to walk through a flood to get to my car. I have never seen anything so bad, and it occurred during the rush hour so the whole of town was gridlocked and it took 1 and a half hours to get home, when it should have taken 20mins.

It was finishing by the time I got home as well :cry: :cry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

We had another great storm here in ipswich yesterday too- torrential rain meant the road was like a river- lghtning show of the year- really loud thunder and it stuck around for a while. Previosu to that we had a smaller, less intense storm- thunder and lightning still though :lol: