Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow League Tables Here

Paul

Posted

Everytime you report snowfall or snow depths this winter they will be placed into our league tables (thanks to Paul Sherman), so by the end of the winter we will have an excellent record of the snowiest and least snowiest areas.

Weekly league table

http://net-weather.co.uk/extras/weeklysnowleague.htm

Overall league

http://net-weather.co.uk/extras/snowleague.htm

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

I was wondering if we'd be having a snow report league, just as we did for thunderstorms. Excellent idea, thanks Paul and Paul. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Well would'nt you know it, I go away for a week and all hell breaks loose. Do not worry the reports will be posted on Wed or Thurs for last week, any guys know how i convert cm's to inches or inches to centimetres??? Prob better for inches to centimetres as most people have reported cm's.

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

2.54cm in an inch.

Posted

Snowed for about 2 hours and left around 2cm on the grass, but very little on the road. :blink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

in depth terms it snowed for 3 different days (Thurs, Fri, Sun) and left approximately 1cm altogether but melted on the spot apart from Friday (a covering of about 0.2cm)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Just thought i'd add that (last Thursday) i received about 3cm of snow, with higher accumulations on the rooftops and cars.

Also, i had a snow flurry on Saturday morning.

All in all a suprisingly productive cold snap, so it would seem for the Rugby area :blink:

Edited by Supercell

Posted

Shall be very interesting to view the tables as we move through the winter although I for one, don't expect to be anywhere near the top. :p

Thanks for the work Paul, mate.

Posted

Cheers For the Snow Depths and days guys, it is looking like the tables will be updated around luch time on Thursday as work will get in the way on Wednesday, normal service will resume next week with the tables updated every Saturday, and Mark like you I guess we will be nowhere near the top :p

Paul Sherman

Posted

Snow League Tables Updated to Friday November 19th 2004, I know you have all been waiting for this and well done to Wales and Scotland at the top and also the Peak District for accumalations.

Paul Sherman

Posted

Hi RB_506

We are trying to take the figures from your permanant location so we can see where the snowiest inhabited place is in the Uk, I did read the report from a few weeks back from Ben Nevis but having spoken to Paul, we only really need reports from (Eg Kilmarnock) otherwise people that go on 2 weeks skiing holidays will be reporting about 2 foot of the stuff ;);)

Don't worry though i am sure you will slaughter us down south come the end of winter.

Regards

Paul Sherman

Posted

I didn't know I'd been counted never mind qualified. Just to think other parts of Burnley still had over 2cm of snow 24 hours after the snow, quite low down in this part. Just goes to show how Burnley's height above sea level varies dramatically in different places.

Posted

Snow League Tables updated to 26th November 2004, not as busy as last week but reports none the less, Central Southern England fared very well.

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Not sure if this is the correct place to report sleet or snow, if not, please enlighten me.

Anyway, we had sleet for about an hour this morning between about 1030 and 1130.

T.M

Posted

Well seeing as I couldn't start a new topic for today, thought I'd let you know that this morning it was sleeting for about an hour also, at about 4/5c and it was around 11am too.

Not much but its a start!

Posted

I was on the cairngorm plateau yesterday where there was far more snow than i had expected. Much of last weekends snow melted but there was plenty of fresh fallen snow from saturday night. Visibility was very bad but it was worth going up to find such new, deep snow- it was great fun.

Posted

The weak cold front gave a little sleet for about 20 mins from 0945.

I was in the garden and was aware of damp in the air - the give away of sleet being small white crystals on my coat :angry:

The ground didn't even get wet that's how slight it was, but it could have been interesting because parts of the pavement were still frosty.

Posted

Snow Leagues Updated to Dec 3rd, a very dissapointing week in general with only 3 Sleet Reports!!

Next week is looking no better i am afraid :D:D:(

Paul Sherman

Posted

Snow League Tables Updated to 10th December 2004, Nothing to report due to this pesky Euro High which is spoiling everything :):):)

Paul Sherman

Posted

can i report sleet/wet snow that didn't settle for my location (west wickham) on 20th nov and have it added to the league, or is it too late? to verify, merely watch some highlights of the palace v newcastle match from that saturday! i didn't hink it was worthy at the time but a quick check of the league shows these included elsewhere. in the interest of scientific accuracy...