Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 21st November

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Now that it's getting lighter, I think we have a similar mixture here too. My problem is that, as there are no black surfaces to look at, it's very hard to tell what's what.

Posted

Been cloudy and damp all day here, very disappointing with only a bit of sleet between 6am till half past..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

No snow or sleet here this mornng but we did have an hour of freezing rain and drizzle which covered everything in a light glaze. Anemometer ceased up for an hour and a half as a result. Temp' got above 0c by 0715 and the glaze slowly thawed.

T.M

Posted

Cloudy throughout the day today, never showed signs of the cloud breaking, but noticable temperature rise throughout the day, now 8C, with widespread cloud but dry.

Posted

I am so suprised we did not get any snow up on the hill (although Sutton Bank had some), where as just south of York had some on low lying ground.

We had a very dangerous situation this morning though, as it was -0.5c but was drizzling. Me and the little one went into town only to return after 5 mins cos he had slipped over 10 times :(

Posted
I am so suprised we did not get any snow up on the hill (although Sutton Bank had some), where as just south of York had some on low lying ground.

We had a very dangerous situation this morning though, as it was -0.5c but was drizzling. Me and the little one went into town only to return after 5 mins cos he had slipped over 10 times  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly the same here Katie. I got up and it was -0.7ºC and drizzling. I went to the shops and nearly fell over about 10 times too. All of the pavements were glazed over after frost then freezing rain. In fact it was downright dangerous.

On another subject, I'm perplexed as to how it can be raining at a temperature below 0ºC? It wasn't shortlived either, it drizzled throughout the morning and the temperature didn't climb above 0ºC until noon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Temperature inversion- warm air has risen over the top of the cold air via a warm front, producing temperatures of 3-5C at high altitude (through which rain falls) then the precipitation reaches the surface as freezing rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Indeed the record for the temperature still raining is something around -25C so you should feel bad about the 0C scenario

Posted

My mum tells me that a slight covering of snow lay on the ground for a few hours from 20Z on the 18th November at home in Leavenheath, Suffolk. I don't have any stats on temps, snow depths... but will try to find out when I go home at Christmas.