Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 19th December

PB22

Posted

Please post your snow/wintry precipation reports here.

All reports will be verified and any false ones will be removed.

Thanks. :huh:

Posted

Wow! Very heavy snow here. 2cm already. Settling to all surfaces, including the main road. Blizzard like conditions in this biting E'ly wind.

EDIT: blizzard like snow still going here. ALL surfaces are covered including the main roads. Greatly reduced visibility. About 4cm lying.

Edited by jackfrost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny days, thunder and of course lots of snow.

Wet snow falling here in Naphill 4 miles from High Wycombe in Bucks

Posted

Snowing strongly here in Bridgend, South Wales.

Very strange, very unexpected. We are basically at sea level and 2 miles from the coast, and never usally see snow even when most of the country is white. Its not sticking yet, but its getting heavier.

Posted

Bridgend, South Wales.

Its coming down heavily, like a blizzard, sticking now and turning white. Gritters are out on the roads. Reports of 10cm in the bridgend hills.

Definately already the most snow weve had for years

Posted

Er are you in another bridgend or something matt because im just outside and we have had nothing but rain? current condition - drizzle! :huh:

Edited by Snow_Spy

Posted
Er are you in another bridgend or something matt because im just outside and we have had nothing but rain? current condition - drizzle!  :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Morning All, shade temperature at 9-30am -2.2c with a light snow cover-sunny at present.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sun and snow

Funny weather last night, finished work at 4am and it was like a blizzard in Newport (Gwent) with approx 1inch of now, driving home to Abergavenny I thought it would be a lot worse as Newport is right by the severn esturary. Got to Pontypool and it was very white. Then about 1/2 a mile later ---- NOTHING!!! Even though it was much higher ground. I have always thought that Abergavenny has it's own weather and tonight confirms my thinking :huh: :huh:

Posted

Good morning everybody. First post and I'm pleased to say its a positive one. 8-10cm up her on Exmoor and its still sticking - just. Melting steadily a lower levels.

Edited by snowhoper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A very odd wintry shower in South Tyneside- the shower was preceded by a rainbow, suggesting at least some of it would be rain, but in fact it consisted entirely of a snow/soft hail mix.

Posted

Very nice snow cover above 250m here. At 200m, there is a dusting, I imagine it melted a bit since I woke up though :D

South Wales benefits yet again!!!

Posted

There's a cover of snow widely across the S Dales, above around 400m, though this will be remnants of yesterday morning's weather. Ingleborough looks majestic far in the distance.

Posted

There is still a thick covering of snow on the mountains around here, which hasn't melted at all today. Patchy snow remains here, aswell as thick ice. Very cold, but not a cloud in the sky.

Posted

I said my expectation was for snow cover on Salisbury Plain and my hope was for snow lower down ;)

I am delighted to report that my HOPE came true :D

3 cms of snow this morning at my level and more on the Plain by the looks of it.

The 0500 radar shows bright red precipitation over my location - that must have been a blizzard for a while :D

In the sunshine snow has melted but a pretty, icy layer in the shaded areas :D

Posted

Tops of the surrounding mountains here in Maesteg (200 to 400m) were covered with snow this morning, now melted in the sunshine.

Just been for a quick journey to the higher elevations in the surrounding valleys, e.g. Croeserw, Blaengwynfi, Abergwynfi - to the summit of the Bwlch mountain at 754m. Snow is knee high there, and roads are only just passable and are additionally very icy. Strong wind whipping up lying snow. Actually jumped onto the grass, not realising how deep the snow was, and it came knee high. A winter wonderland most certainly !!!!