Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 25th December

Guest Mrs murphymoo

Posted

Was in Northwich between midday - 5:30pm. about 4-5 soft hail showers with bits of proper snow mixed in.. was getting a slight covering there so we left and headed back to Crewe, where it`s been yet more showers (this time proper snow) on/off since 6pm.

We`ve now got a dusting over all surfaces and it`s continuing here. Hearing the news coming from 20-30 miles north is very encouraging..

Buxton was reporting 3cm covering at 3:30pm, and will have had i bet at least another cm on top of that by 10pm. Temp currently Buxton -1.3c, dropping slowly.

Edited by Buxton Hills

Posted

Alness, Highland

Loads of Snow this morning, about 4 inches on the ground when we got up at 7.30am.. although there was nothing at 5am when the wee fella first wanted up !!

Light snow flurries on and off all day, got a bit heavier after dark, but seem to be turning more to rain and sleet now.

Great white Christmas though

Posted
Buxton Hills has stolen my thunder again ! Ditto the above  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:( But at least i did`nt steal the snow :)

The good news for Stokies is that it`s still continuing here, flying past 1cm now. Common sense would reckon the potteries will get another cm on top due to the extra 200ft or so you guys are above us.

Posted

Central Cheshire (Dealmere)

500 ft asl

It has been snowing heavily for the last 3+ hours, and there's currently 3 inches or so lying on the ground/trees/rooves/anything else. No sign of it slowing down at all.

Magnificent Stuff!!

Posted

Went out for a walk on the front at Weston-Supermare about 1pm. Noticed some parts of Wales on the other side of the Bristol Channel were snow covered. A snow shower came along about 2ish but didn't quite make it here but obscured the view across to Wales. It's too warm here in any case. No snow in the north east or in the east midlands either. Bah humbug!

Posted

Has been snowing non-stop for around two hours now. Seems to be switching between large flakes, small flakes and soft hail. Whatever it's falling as, it's settling. About 1in lying.

Posted

o my god its snowing well kinda very light now and again the radar shows some more coming in over the bristol channel from wales not alot but as long as it gives a dusting i dont care temps 0c

Posted

You lucky guys, all of you. Funny but all snow I saw this year was in october and november. I don't wanna scare you but today's temps here are from 10 to 15°C.

Maybe i will have something to report here in the middle of the coming week :)

Posted

Here in Ross-on-wye, south Herefordshire, its just been snowing again.

About an hour of snow fell, and there is now a lovely covering of about 2cm all over all surfaces round here, so now I can definitely say I've seen a white christmas with snow lying! :):)

Posted

There's about 2 inches of snow from a massive snow storm at about 7ish this evening :)

Posted

Snowed here overnight, then occasional showers during the day. About 1cm lying from about 500' up. Gosh, 2cm this week, some (younger) people will be calling it a remarkable winter!

Posted

Had lots (around 12) hail showers today and alot of snow showers (about 9 in all), which didnt stick. But later had alot of more persistant snow and got 2 inches of pure snow.

Posted
8 inches...............in Llandudno i have yet to see snow.............lolololololololo

Yes because you are at sea level. Inland at 600m ASL+ it is a different story.

Posted

Whitstable on the North Kent Coast.

I have just recorded -4c on my equipment, clear sky, satellite images and stats show very little chance of snow hitting us to be honest, would love to say it is going to hit but reality is that its very unlikley this weekend anyway.

Nevermind... however saying that it could easily bubble up today and shoot down the North Sea, most unlikely. :)

Edited by PureOcean