Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Pressure, Temperature And Wind

summer blizzard

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I have just been looking at wind charts for 11:38am and nowhere in the British Isles at that moment was there wind without a southerly component.

The wind speeds are fairly low with a maximum of 41mph in Machrihanish near the Isle of Islay, it looks as thoe the strongest winds are localised to the western areas of the British Isles.

Temperatures are lowest in the east of the British Isles with a low of 5C in the far east of the British Isles and a high of 12C in Glasgow.

The pressure is highest in south eastern England with an average of 1024mb and lowest in north western Scotland with an average of 1008mb.

I got this information from www.xcweather.co.uk

Posted

Hi SB,

Its strange but the further SE you go the colder it is at the mo. On the BBC 12:05 it had 12c in Glagow yet 6c in Kent!...although my thermometre is registering 10c even tho it was forecast to be lower than that which is a bit strange. B)

WBSH B)

Posted
Hi SB,

Its strange but the further SE you go the colder it is at the mo. On the BBC 12:05 it had 12c in Glagow yet 6c in Kent!...although my thermometre is registering 10c even tho it was forecast to be lower than that which is a bit strange. B)

WBSH  B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is because of the positioning of the high pressure which is causing tthe south east to have a more easterly component and the north to have a more westerly component to the southerly wind.

Posted

I have just been looking at charts on www.xcweather.com for 18:38pm and no where in the British Isles is there wind with a easterly or northerly component.

The wind speeds are fairly low with a maximum of 48mph, the strongest winds are in the Outer Hebridees.

The lowest temperature in the British Isles is 5C in the north west of England and the highest temperature in the British Isles is 10C in East Anglia.

The highest pressure in the British Isles is in the south of England with an average of 1020mb and the lowest pressure in the British Isles is in northern Scotland with an average of 996mb.

Posted

I have just been looking at charts on www.xcweather.com for 19:39pm and no where in the British Isles is there wind with a easterly or northerly component.

The wind speeds are fairly low with a maximum of 48mph, the strongest winds are in the Outer Hebridees and south west Wales.

The lowest temperature in the British Isles is -1C in the north of Scotland and the highest temperature in the British Isles is 10C in south east England.

The highest pressure in the British Isles is in the south of England with an average of 1004mb and the lowest pressure in the British Isles is in north east Scotland with an average of 990mb.

The current wind speed where i live, in Leeds is 15mph winds coming from a WSW direction, a temperature of 3C, a dew point of 2C and a pressure of 996mb.

Posted

I have just been looking at charts on www.xcweather.com for 18:09pm and no where in the British Isles is there wind with a easterly component.

The wind speeds are fairly high with a maximum of 60mph, the strongest winds are in the Outer Hebridees.

The lowest temperature in the British Isles is 4C in the Aberdeen and the highest temperature in the British Isles is 13C in south east Ireland.

The highest pressure in the British Isles is in south west England with an average of 1016mb and the lowest pressure in the British Isles is in north east Scotland with an average of 984mb.

The current wind speed where i live, in Leeds is 20mph winds coming from a WSW direction, a temperature of 9C, a dew point of 9C and a pressure of 1003mb.

Posted

Hi summer blizzard,

our pressure at 6.04pm this evening was 978.9 and the wind was coming from the NW.

we are allegedly in the north west of scotland, but then again, i think that we are in the north! :):)

Posted

Is it very windy as the north of Scotland is geeting the worst of the winds.

Posted

I have just been looking at charts on www.xcweather.com for 13:09pm.

The wind speeds are fairly low with a maximum of 30mph, the strongest winds are in the south west of England.

The lowest temperature in the British Isles is -1C in Carlisle and the highest temperature in the British Isles is 11C in the south west of England.

The highest pressure in the British Isles is in the Outer Hebrides with an average of 1024mb and the lowest pressure in the British Isles is in southern Ireland with an average of 1016mb.

The current wind speed where i live, in Leeds is 3mph winds coming from a variable direction, a temperature of 2C, a dew point of -3C and a pressure of 1019mb.

Posted

I have just been looking at charts on www.xcweather.com for 10:38pm.

The wind speeds are fairly low with a maximum of 36mph, the strongest winds are in the north of Scotland.

The lowest temperature in the British Isles is -4C in the England, Scotland border region and the highest temperature in the British Isles is 6C in the Outer Hebrides.

The highest pressure in the British Isles is in central Ireland with an average of 1036mb and the lowest pressure in the British Isles is in East Anglia with an average of 1028mb.

The current wind speed where i live, in Leeds is 15mph winds coming from a WNW direction, a temperature of 1C, a dew point of -5C and a pressure of 1030mb.

Posted

I have just been looking at charts on www.xcweather.com for 20:39pm.

The wind speeds are fairly low with a maximum of 33mph, the strongest winds are in north east England.

The lowest temperature in the British Isles is 0C in the England, Scotland border region and East Anglia and the highest temperature in the British Isles is 7C in the Outer Hebrides.

The highest pressure in the British Isles is in the Outer Hebrides as 1039mb and the lowest pressure in the British Isles is in south east England with an average of 1028mb.

The current wind speed where i live, in Leeds is 16mph winds coming from a Northerly direction, a temperature of 2C, a dew point of -2C and a pressure of 1032mb.

Posted

I have just been looking at charts on www.xcweather.com for 10:08pm and nowhere in the British Isles is there a wind with a easterly component.

The wind speeds are fairly low with a maximum of 32mph, the strongest winds are in northern Scotland.

The lowest temperature in the British Isles is -1C Humberside and the highest temperature in the British Isles is 9C in south west England.

The highest pressure in the British Isles is in south west England and southern Ireland with an average of 1036mb and the lowest pressure in the British Isles is in the Shetland Isles with an average of 1024mb.

The current wind speed where i live, in Leeds is 18mph winds coming from a westerly direction, a temperature of 4C, a dew point of 3C and a pressure of 1031mb.

Posted

:) Grimsby obs

Clear sky and sunny but a bit chilly.

Wind ................ Wly 6 mph Pressure ........... 1030 mb .......... Temp +1c ........... cloud clear ............. Rain etc none ............ R/H 34%

Posted

I have just been looking at charts on www.xcweather.com for 20:39pm and nowhere in the British Isles is there a wind with a southerly component.

The wind speeds are fairly high with a maximum of 46mph, the strongest winds are in the Isle Of Man.

The lowest temperature in the British Isles is 4C in north eastern Scotland and the highest temperature in the British Isles is 10C in south western Scotland.

The highest pressure in the British Isles is in south west England and Ireland with an average of 1036mb and the lowest pressure in the British Isles is in East Anglia with an average of 1028mb.

The current wind speed where i live, in Leeds is 15mph winds coming from a westerly direction, a temperature of 8C, a dew point of 6C and a pressure of 1029mb.

Posted

I have just been looking at charts on www.xcweather.com for 19:39pm.

The wind speeds are fairly high with a maximum of 33mph, the strongest winds are in the Outer Hebridees.

The lowest temperature in the British Isles is 0C in eastern Ireland and the Highlands and the highest temperature in the British Isles is 7C in the more coastal regions of the British Isles.

The average pressure in the whole of the British Isles is 1016mb.

The current wind speed where i live, in Leeds is 3mph winds coming from a westerly to north westerly direction, a temperature of 4C, a dew point of 4C and a pressure of 1014mb.

Posted

I have just been looking at charts on www.xcweather.com for 19:09pm and nowhere in the British Isles is there a wind with a northerly component.

The wind speeds are fairly high with a maximum of 59mph, the strongest winds are in the Outer Hebridees.

The lowest temperature in the British Isles is 2C in northwest Englandand the Highlands and the highest temperature in the British Isles is 8C in the west of the British Isles.

The lowest pressure in the British Isles is 1004mb in the Outer Hebrides and the highest pressure in the British Isles is 1024mb in East Anglia.

The current wind speed where i live, in Leeds is 8mph winds coming from a southerly direction, a temperature of 3C, a dew point of 2C and a pressure of 1021mb.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I have just been looking at charts on www.xcweather.com for 21:39pm and nowhere in the British Isles is there a wind with a southerly or easterly component.

The wind speeds are fairly low with a maximum of 49mph, the strongest winds are in the Isle Of Man.

The lowest temperature in the British Isles is 0C in northern Scotland and the highest temperature in the British Isles is 9C in the south west of the British Isles.

The lowest pressure in the British Isles is 1016mb in the east of the British Isles and the highest pressure in the British Isles is 1024mb in southern and western Ireland.

The current wind speed where i live, in Leeds is 18mph winds coming from a north westerly direction, a temperature of 3C, a dew point of -2C and a pressure of 1015mb.

Posted

I have just been looking at charts on www.xcweather.com for 13:39pm and nowhere in the British Isles is there a wind with a southerly component.

The wind speeds are fairly low with a maximum of 41mph, the strongest winds are in eastern England.

The lowest temperature in the British Isles is 1C in northern Scotland, northern England and eastern England and the highest temperature in the British Isles is 5C in Ireland.

The lowest pressure in the British Isles is 1016mb in south eastern England and the highest pressure in the British Isles is 1024mb in western Scotland and Ireland.

The current wind speed where i live, in Leeds is 31mph winds coming from a northerly direction, a temperature of 2C, a dew point of -3C and a pressure of 1018mb.

Posted

I have just been looking at charts on www.xcweather.com for 22:09pm and nowhere in the British Isles is there a wind with a southerly component.

The wind speeds are fairly low with a maximum of 31mph, the strongest winds are in eastern England.

The lowest temperature in the British Isles is -1C in Scotland and the highest temperature in the British Isles is 5C in the coastal regions of northern Ireland.

The lowest pressure in the British Isles is 1016mb in south eastern England and the highest pressure in the British Isles is 1024mb in the Outer Hebrides and south western Ireland.

The current wind speed where i live, in Leeds is 16mph winds coming from a north to north westerly direction, a temperature of 1C, a dew point of -2C and a pressure of 1017mb.

Posted
I have just been looking at charts on www.xcweather.com for 22:09pm and nowhere in the British Isles is there a wind with a southerly component.

The wind speeds are fairly low with a maximum of 31mph, the strongest winds are in eastern England.

The lowest temperature in the British Isles is -1C in Scotland and the highest temperature in the British Isles is 5C in the coastal regions of northern Ireland.

The lowest pressure in the British Isles is 1016mb in south eastern England and the highest pressure in the British Isles is 1024mb in the Outer Hebrides and south western Ireland.

The current wind speed where i live, in Leeds is 16mph winds coming from a north to north westerly direction, a temperature of 1C, a dew point of -2C and a pressure of 1017mb.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've has NW, NNW winds all day, when are they going to veer NE?

Posted

I have just been looking at charts on www.xcweather.com for 13:09pm and nowhere in the British Isles is there a wind with a southerly or westerly component.

The wind speeds are fairly low with a maximum of 32mph, the strongest winds are in north west England.

The lowest temperature in the British Isles is 0C in Yorkshire and Ireland and the highest temperature in the British Isles is 6C in the Outer Hebrides and the Shetland Isles.

The lowest pressure in the British Isles is 1012mb in south eastern England and the highest pressure in the British Isles is 1020mb in northern Scotland.

The current wind speed where i live, in Leeds is 13mph winds coming from a north to north easterly direction, a temperature of 1C, a dew point of 0C and a pressure of 1013mb.

The wind has veered to the east throughout most of Scotland, however throughout much of England the wind direction is predominantly north to north easterly, it also looks like there is a front in the North Sea from the north of Scotland to The Wash.

• 1 year later...
Posted

All data is courtesy of www.xcweather.co.uk - 21:14

The wind speeds are fairly low at the moment with a maximum gust of 30mph in Rosslare, Ireland.

There is a slack thermal gradiant at the moment with temperatures between 15C and 25C across the whole of the British Isles, there is also a slack pressure gradiant with pressure values ranging from 1018mb in the south west of England to 1013mb in Scotland.

Due to the slack thermal and pressure griants, there is no predominant wind direction over the British Isles.

In Leeds, the temperature is 20C, the wind direction is westerly to north westerly and gusting to 10mph and pressure is 1015mb.

• European State of the Climate 2023 - Widespread flooding and severe heatwaves

The annual ESOTC is a key evidence report about European climate and past weather. High temperatures, heatwaves, wildfires, torrential rain and flooding, data and insight from 2023, Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Chilly with an increasing risk of frost

Once Monday's band of rain fades, the next few days will be drier. However, it will feel cool, even cold, in the breeze or under gloomy skies, with an increasing risk of frost. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Dubai Floods: Another Warning Sign for Desert Regions?

The flooding in the Middle East desert city of Dubai earlier in the week followed record-breaking rainfall. It doesn't rain very often here like other desert areas, but like the deadly floods in Libya last year showed, these rain events are likely becoming more extreme due to global warming. View the full blog here

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 2