Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 18-21st January

Paul

Posted

Heavy hail all night, I can't see any evidence of snow. All there is, is a dusting of hail giving at most a cm.

Interesting to see Cheshire got an inch of snow.

Am I the only one to just get hail? It just looked like polystyrene sheet on my car this morning as its all stuck together, only pellets of hail though, none of this golf ball stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, dry in summer.

About 1cm this morning in Hexham, Northumberland.

It's very pretty! - John

Posted
Heavy hail all night, I can't see any evidence of snow. All there is, is a dusting of hail giving at most a cm.

Interesting to see Cheshire got an inch of snow.

Am I the only one to just get hail? It just looked like polystyrene sheet on my car this morning as its all stuck together, only pellets of hail though, none of this golf ball stuff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was mostly hail here with a little bit of snow here

Posted

OK - A lot of people have been saying its snow here when it really hasn't. I have a north facing bedroom window and it kept waking me up it was that bad.

I see the metoffice have put out a weather warning for the north west with chances of further wintry showers.

Anyway better get back on topic.

Posted
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)

Brrr,

Woke up to 6 (yes that's 6) inches of snow in Portadown - N.Ireland this morning. Biggest dump of the white stuff that I've seen in a while!

Dazza

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Lancaster Update:

1-4am: Temperature oscillating between 1 and 3C, with frequent hail showers firing in. They provided some partial accumulations on the ground.

4-9am: Temperature around 1C, indeed this was the 'window' in which the coldest air was supposed to bring snow. Not surprisingly, it stayed completely dry.

10am: Temp rose magically to 3.7C, sleety rain.

Posted

Woke up this moring to about 5cm of snow, there has been a few showers all morning ranging from very light to quite heavy, but it seems by the time the showers get over thee mountains to here on the east they have lost a lot of their power.

No winds yet though !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Temperatures falling a bit during the sleety rain, 3.1C.

Posted

About 4cm of level snow here, some drifts up to 20cm in places. Good stuff. Another blizzard now :)

Posted

snow is becoming more constant here now, we must now have a few extra cm's of snow on top of what fell over night, also listening to the radio schools are starting to close around the region, which is always an indication things are getting quite bad on the roads too.

Posted
A little overnight snow, mixed in with everthing, gave a light dusting on cars/roof, not much really.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

6 inches in Porteedown eh? Only 3-4 down here in Newry :)

Matt