Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 18-21st January

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

We had a lovely heavy continuous fall of snow this morning - i took my wee one out to toddlers group on her sledge!!! However 2 hours later it was beginning to melt . Now most of the snow has gone.. We've had about 1-2cm but it was nice while it lasted.

Posted

About 2cms on the ground at 7am this morning, suspect that around 5 cms fell over night.

Cloudly start gave way to a sunny morning, with temperatures rising to around 5 deg c before clouding over again at about 11am.

This brought heavy snow showers with large flakes, although a bit on the warm side. Showers have continued all afternoon, although became sleet and is now rain.

Cheers,

Darryl

Posted

It briefly snowed just now for a few minutes in Aberdeen, but has turned back into rain. Nothing overnight, one could almost wonder where the snow is, but that is what you get with a westerly wind and the mountains blocking the snow.

Posted

Heavy rain was Sleety/ snow and lots of hail lay on the floor when i left school and thunder mixed in also.

What catergorie would this be?? :unsure:

Hopefully if the temp drops we could have a bit of November again??

Edited by SnowPersonIII

Posted
Heavy rain was Sleety/ snow and lots of hail lay on the floor when i left school and thunder mixed in also.

What catergorie would this be??  :unsure:

Hopefully if the temp drops we could have a bit of November again??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes thunder and hail in Leicester at 3pm, thereafter just sleet. The hail gave a covering which is now melting. Unfortunately I suspect if this had come along earlier in the day it would have been snow, but not to be.

Posted

Freezing cold here in brentwood essex, clouds in the sky have a red tint to them? could it be snow?! surely its too cold for rain?! smells like snow too imo!

Will update if the white stuff falls!

Posted

Can you use this for reports only please of wintry precipitation falling. :unsure:

Had a brief snow flurry here this afternoon at 2:15pm.

Posted
Sun has just come out again in Reading slightly cloudy to the north and west, but alas no sign of any snow and am very doubtful.  :unsure:   Am envious of you guys in the north with the snow.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry, thought as this was current conditions and snow reports that weather possibly leading up to snow could be included. Also the above post doesnt mention actual precipitation?

will post in current conditions part in future. many thanks.

Posted

Snow is thawing pretty fast now, but in the middle of an almighty Hail and sleet shower, the hail is covering everywhere.

Edited by Hywel

Posted

Snow, Hail Thunder Lighting, you name it it's happened in the last 1 hour in Newcastle under Lyme

Driving home I could not see in front of me in the car hail was that bad

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

:o LOOTONS IS HAD SNOWS TODAYS AT 1PMS!! LOVLEY FLAKIES IS WAS FALLINGS FAST AND THEY IS WAS NICE MEDIUM FLAKES!! THE ME IS WAS FLABBERGASTEREDS!!! AMAZINGSSSSSSSSS!!!! TRULY AMAZINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE ME IS SO SO HOPPYS TODAYS!!!!!! :lol:

Posted

Finally. the first wintry action i have seen this january. The rain just turned to snow and hail, admitadely, for about 2 mons, but hail stones amazingly settled on the drenched surface, now melting.

snowking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Dont know if this counts but Ipswich saw a 5 minute snow shower at about 3pm and then some sleety showers afterwards- but thats it ! LOL :lol:

Posted

At about 12pmish today there was a sleety/snow shower that fell for a while, absolutely no chance of anything settling but it did happen!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Unexpectedly had some brief wet snow which ahs now quickly turned back to sleety rain, with the temperature rising a little.

Posted

Well in total I had 11 odd Blizzard like shower over teh course of yesterday and today :D Today at 9-10 am was crazy very heavy snow! I finished up with about 6 Inches of lying snow! with drifts about 8inches :) Well chuffed with this cold spell although its coming to an end :o Still got about 3 inches of lying snow, Might go sledging tonight :) The Campsies look amazing must have at least a foot of lying snow :lol: