Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 18-21st January

Paul

Posted

Had a heavy hail shower here in hertfordshire!!!!!! just now!!!!! very windy!!!!!!! just about settled but has melted now i think. if there was any covering it was only on cars and rooves and less than 1cm

certainly pretty wintry! :lol: :o :D:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

snow from 10-12pm here today, that was followed by 5 hailstorms and a thunderstorm. accumulated hail reached about 0.5cm before melting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Hail showers on and off this afternoon along with rain.... this evening we have VERY heavy hail/sleet/snow/ice pellets lol - not sure how you would define it bit giving a covering!!

Posted

I woke at 6 and we had around 4 showers till i went to work at 7.30, then at work we first had about 3 showers and then we had blizzards for around 2hours30mins.

so around 13 snow showers plus the 2hr3omin blizzard and then later in the afternoon around 4 moderate/heavy sleet and wet snow showers.

We had around 4cm laying snow, alot more further up.

Edited by disco-barry

Posted

rainy and windy here no snow at all what a dull winter

Posted

Woke up to a couple of cm's of lying snow this morning, then got a period of snowfall from 11am this morning, that lasted an hour or so. Approx 3-4 cm's.

Now melting away. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

0.5cm snow at 0900, this increased to 2cm by mid-afternoon after several hours of snow showers, some heavy. 1.5cm lying at 1800 but thawing slowly.

T.M

Posted

lol, it's snowing and hailing again. Outiside is a slushy mess again with approx an extra 0.1cm of snow.

Very unexpected.

Posted

Had two snow showers here theis morning between 6.30 - 7.30 did'nt settle but had light dusting on some of the hills, heavy hail shower at about 8Pm tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: autumn, winter, cold, sunny, snow, crisp

hi all, very envious of others with appreciable levels of snow. apparently the Snaefell mountain road (2036ft) here is closed yet again (not long open after the storms) this time due to snow and ice, but they close it in the blink of an eye! been sleeting on and off all day, but i personally havent seen any snow lying, friend resident in douglas said she woke to a skittering on the tops of cars.

take care out there folks.

Spirited Stream <><

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Sleet/hail shower in Lancaster.

Posted

Big dumping of snow overnight - 12-13cm at 9am this morning :o

Heavy snow quickly turned to sleet then rain showers. The showers were pretty intense with a few flashes of lightning this evening. Very windy all day, but has calmed down at long last.

All in all a pretty amazing day here :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Hail showers are very normal when temperatures are marginal for snow and cold air is flowing over warm seas.

Posted

Rade, have you any snow pictures of local landmarks in either Porec or Dubrovnik?

My grandma used to go on holiday to either place with my granddad and since he passed away, she's started to develop alzeimer's type symptoms. Would be good to cheer her up with some printoffs.

Posted

Woke up yesterday morning to find it snowing quite heavily, we had 2cm settled and a bit more on cars etc...

More than i could have expected so it was a pleasant suprise.

(also if i can be cheeky?, we had 2 heavy snow showers on xmas day morning buit forgot to report them, even though nothing settled).