Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 23rd January

Paul

Posted

Theres been snow showers and soft hail showers since 4.45pm when I was coming out of the Darlo match, which we won 3-0 incidentally.

Just been out and measured a depth of 6cm snow.

OK, I lied.

We have a dusting, which I can best estimate at 3 microns deep. Everything is white though, which would constitute a major snow event in some areas.

Posted

How about this then? I think I could be considered in the north-west (or perhaps north-central) but it's snowing here. Barely perceptible, but very fine, light snow falling from a partly-cloudy sky.

Still slightly above freezing though....0.5º.

Posted

Thats impressive Oz. Damn impressive.

However not so impressive is your temperature above freezing, which if you don't mind me saying is a poor effort for a frost hollow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy weather in winter. Dry and warm in summer.

Had a few snow showers yesterday which left a slight covering. It has frozen over now and is very slippy. I would say it is the most wintry scene I have seen this winter, which says it all really.

Paul Tall- My Grandparents live fairly close to you (Woodham) and reported about an inch of snow.

Posted

Slightest skiff in Ballyclare, NI. Just the slightest. Didn't expect any this direction at all, so musn't grumble! Gritters dumped a heavy load last night and the pensioners around me say it's to snow but i think the cold weather may have induced mild alzhiemers!

Posted

Yesterday night there was a long spell of snow falling around 7-10pmish, it was lovely but in between got a bit sleety so only left a half cm covering on the ground, but it did freeze overnight, patches of snow remain in shade today.

Posted

Ooooh, Woodham had an inch of snow? Sounds a bit strange with it being so close to Aycliffe. It's almost all gone here in Darlington. We had a light dusting overnight but the suns out, its looking absolutely lovely out there, and all that's left is the snow thats still in the shade.

Posted

There's a light covering across the tops of the mendips this morning. it'll probably have gone by late afternoon/early evening though.

Posted

Here in nottinghamshire, we had a very light snow shower which lasted about 2 minutes last night, but every flake that fell settled, giving a speckled look of white, mixed with frost and ice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
Theres been snow showers and soft hail showers since 4.45pm when I was coming out of the Darlo match, which we won 3-0 incidentally.

Just been out and measured a depth of 6cm snow.

OK, I lied.

We have a dusting, which I can best estimate at 3 microns deep. Everything is white though, which would constitute a major snow event in some areas.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Had same here but only a dusting looks like theres more to come tonight and monday for us.

Posted

Up on the hill near me house there was like 4 inches no joke, a real dumping of snow up there! :D btw for snow reports that counts in the snow leauge cos its still here in Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire.

Posted

Last night's snow left a patchy dusting on lower ground.

The hills on the edge of Salisbury Plain had an inch this morning that has thawed in the sun during the day but remained on the shaded areas.

Posted

Hi,

Just phoned my mate (fakenham), he said that he has no snow but his mum (cromer) said that it was snowing there.

Also i havent had any yet :D

Posted
Hi,

Just phoned my mate (fakenham), he said that he has no snow but his mum (cromer) said that it was snowing there.

Also i havent had any yet  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im confused, someone is moaning on the sunday/monday thread about there being rain in cromer, how big is cromer?

Posted

Hi,

Not that big, well it wasent when i last went there (2 years ago) lol.

Pherhaps (sp) she was just teasing him :D

Posted

Patchy covering remaining in places here. The hills are still covered by snow which hasn't melted at all in the sunshine. Looks like a few inches lying up there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

a few 'flakes' of sleet/snow unsure? at just before 6pm here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy weather in winter. Dry and warm in summer.

Short snow shower around about 7.15pm.