Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 24th January

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Not much over night, but a heavy snow shower this morning @ 9am giving a dusting, now melted, further light flurries since, but mostly sunny. Temp: 1.5C

Posted

Anyone got a close up radar of south england?

I know you people pay for them, and it would be up to you whether you would like to share them, but it would also be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by ryanwassi

Posted

Third snow shower today. Large flakes on a stiff very cold wind. Previous efforts have virtually melted away. Looks to be short and sharp again with clearing skies. :)

Posted

Woo Hoo woke up this morning and it was snowing, very light, but alas, I experienced the white stuff, it tried on and off for an hour at about 8AM. I

Just live in hope that we recieve some more of this, would love enough to dust off my sledge and go sledging, what are the chances of that ??????????

I live in hope.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Snow showers on and off this morning hope theres more to come.

HERE IS A WARNING OF SNOW AFFECTING NORTHUMBERLAND, DURHAM, TYNE AND WEAR AND TEESSIDE. ISSUED BY THE MET OFFICE AT 07:02 ON MONDAY, 24 JANUARY 2005. SHOWERS ARE EXPECTED TODAY, FALLING AS SNOW AT TIMES AWAY FROM THE COAST. A COVERING IS POSSIBLE IN PLACES, BUT ON THE HIGH GROUND SEVERAL CM MAY ACCUMULATE, WITH DRIFTING IN THE STRONG NORTHERLY WIND. VALID UNTIL: 19:00 ON 24 JANUARY 2005

Posted

Nothing when i left home (cambridge) and nothing at work (wgc - herts), thinks it's just avoiding me !! Anything on it's way to us ? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything
Light snow shower here. And when I say light I mean very light at the moment  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok. That 1 only lasted about 2 mins and stopped. Then it restarted and looked more sleety. Why do I get feeling that this is going to be the way all day. :) Feels too warm for much else now anyway to be honest :)

Quick update... snow shower #3... very very light.. maybe essex one drfiting through. But saying that the sky is overcast.. notably darker then earlier showers

Posted

Woke up to a slight covering this morning and had several heavy snow showers since. Mostly melted now.

Posted
Snow showers on and off this morning hope theres more to come.

HERE IS A WARNING OF SNOW AFFECTING NORTHUMBERLAND, DURHAM, TYNE AND WEAR AND TEESSIDE. ISSUED BY THE MET OFFICE AT 07:02 ON MONDAY, 24 JANUARY 2005. SHOWERS ARE EXPECTED TODAY, FALLING AS SNOW AT TIMES AWAY FROM THE COAST. A COVERING IS POSSIBLE IN PLACES, BUT ON THE HIGH GROUND SEVERAL CM MAY ACCUMULATE, WITH DRIFTING IN THE STRONG NORTHERLY WIND. VALID UNTIL: 19:00 ON 24 JANUARY 2005

Looking possible - sky very dark, intermittent spits of snow at the moment.

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

The lightest of very light snow flurries around 8-30am in Wallingford, Oxon. Another one sighted around 9-30am.

I hope this isn't it.

Posted

I have so far counted 7 snow showers, and 2 haily snow showers, looks like i might be getting anothershower soon, starting to cloud from the NE.

Unfortunalely, we had some snow settle, but it melted, and there have been 4 sowers since then, about 2 of them had huge flakes, andwere very heavy, but failed to settle.

If the showers had of setled, we could have had at least an inch by now, as we have had overall 4 blizzard like showers.

snowking