Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

First Snow Arrived In Lowestoft

ferret

Posted

The first snow since early 2004 has just arrived in Lowestoft, the UK's most eastern town! :D

I went out the back to grab a Pepsi and turned the security light on to check if the cats were waiting to come in, and ta-daaaa! It was snowing :D As I opened the back door to grab a couple of pics with my camera phone it started getting heavier.

The pics are crap but hey, proof :D

ferretsnow_1.jpg

ferretsnow_2.jpg

Posted

The snow you see there on my bench and wheelie-bin lid is the only snow i've seen since this time last year, not so much as a single flake more :D

Posted
:D well move to derbyshire we get loads of snow here when its cold enough go to page 3 it was the 18th january and look at the topic of heaviest snow in years my pic what i posted are o n there :D then you will see what i mean by we get quite alot of snow here :D

Posted

It's started snowing again here now :D Again it's not laying very well though, had a couple of strong rain showers earlier today so the ground is still wet.

Posted
:D well move to derbyshire we get loads of snow here when its cold enough go to page 3 it was the 18th january and look at the topic of heaviest snow in years my pic what i posted are o n there  :D then you will see what i mean by we get quite alot of snow here :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Move to Glasgow even better :D:D

Posted
we get more snow than even you in glasgow lol yet 6 miles down the road  in sheff city centre it snows but never staysfor long :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm not according to this :Dhttp://www.net-weather.co.uk/extras/snowleague.htm although am up quite a height so I do see a bit more snow than lower levels

Posted

:D i live in dronfield mate which gets alot more snow than sheffield i live on a hill about 210 metres above sea level. when it sometimes rains in sheffield we have snow :D

that snow league is wrong on mine because i have not reported a few snowfalls because i have not been on for ages.

Edited by derbyshire_lad

Posted
:D i live in dronfield mate which gets alot more snow than sheffield  i live on a hill about 210 metres above sea level. when it sometimes rains in sheffield we have snow :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same mate am about 600 feet above sea level! Sometimes the lower levels get rain and we get snow :D

Posted
:D well we see a dusting as a dissapointment most other places its  liek a miracle to them  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah mate totally people see dusting as a major snow event ;)while here its not even considered! just shows you how much the climates changing......

Posted

yes i agree with you there you never no what to expect these winters now we have not seen a long cold snap yet this winter this is whats concerning, me like the past few wintgers we have had times with snow lying for 1 or 2 weeks the max we had of lying snow far this year is 4 days that was in november :D

Posted
yes i agree with you there you never no what to expect these winters now we have not seen a long cold snap yet this winter this is whats concerning, me like the past few wintgers we have had  times with snow lying for 1 or 2 weeks the max we had of lying snow far this year is 4 days that was in november :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah last time we had over a foot of snow and it was there for over a week, that was from Dec 28th 2000 then a few months later we had another cold spell lasting over a week with lying snow easily there for 7days that was late Feb/early March.. how times are changng:( ....

Posted
HI Paul maybe we should organise a trip like they do on TWO and all go on a twister tour I could not find a better experience than an F5 hurtling straight at me :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes well we can't deny our climates changing anymore just take that for instance daffodils coming out in january :D thats gotta tell you something.

the other day as well in the costa del sol it was sunbathing weather and temprtures up to 25c in january :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Lowestoft seems to have a different "snow climate" to the rest of eastern Britain, picking up localised snowfalls and missing out on big scale ones! At least that's what the Lowestoft statistics in Weather Log suggest.

For instance, during the 8-9 November 2001 east-coast snow event, Lowestoft didn't even report snow falling, while in a somewhat less potent cold snap in November 1999, they had snow cover on the 18th.