Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 26th January

Guest Mrs murphymoo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Many many thanks mrs murphy moo! ive been waiting all winter to post a snow report and im proud to say that finaly Eastbourne had some between the times of 11 o clock last night and 2 this morning (i missed it doh!) left a dusting which is still there now. Finally! :rolleyes:

Good morning everybody... Woken up to a nice dusting of snow across footpaths, roofs and in patches on the grass. Didnt expect this but never mind. 1st settled snow of the winter... But is it the last?

Posted

Well, against all the odds for this part of the world I woke up to a dusting of overnight snow :unsure: Only a thin layer bit like icing sugar on a cake - but snow none the less :o Temp 0° and overcast - not expecting anymore, but who knows :rolleyes:

Posted

Well last night about 6pm when driving back home, I was caught in a small snow shower near Reigate...

This morning, about microns of snow had settled on my car so a brief shower last night as well I guess!

Posted

Exactly the same as Neptune, only 3 miles from Him/Her and have a slight dusting of snow a bit like icing sugar in patches and on roofs etc, also had a hail shower at about 1am last night.

Paul Sherman

Posted

How desperate is this becoming: not a snow report but a report of snow visible. Last night's damp weather (around 3C in stratosdale) yielded a dusting of snow on the higher extremeties of the Dales. I'd put the snow level at around 1500', so 450m or so, putting the boundary temp for snow last night at around 1.5C in these parts.

There was a time when I used to get snow, then it seemed to recede to the hills, now even the hills seem to get little more than a dusting!

Posted
How desperate is this becoming: not a snow report but a report of snow visible.  Last night's damp weather (around 3C in stratosdale) yielded a dusting of snow on the higher extremeties of the Dales. I'd put the snow level at around 1500', so 450m or so, putting the boundary temp for snow last night at around 1.5C in these parts.

There was a time when I used to get snow, then it seemed to recede to the hills, now even the hills seem to get little more than a dusting!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree SF ... it's very very sad.

(By the way, forgive my ignorance if this is obvious ... but are you and the famous Atmos Ferric one and the same?!)

Posted

Desperate times indeed. I guess even a flake or two is better than nothing lol. Nothing here in the midlands 3.7c 1034 70%H overcast.

We had our snow in November and at xmas

Posted

Just had a spell af sleety rain here, about 7 miles west off nottingham, now just rain again. temp is 3.9c.

Posted

A friend told me this afternoon that he drove back from Swindon around 10pm last night and part of the way was like a blizzard! He said that when he got home at about 11pm it was flurrying here.

Posted

Snow shower overnight left a dusting, although quite a nice covering on the out-skirts of Canterbury. Fields white, footpaths white...

Snow shower on the A2 between Canterbury & Faversham.

Another Snow shower whilest walking from Car to work.

Hail shower with snow flakes mid morning.

Graupel shower just before lunch.

Not bad considering I wasn't expecting anything today.

:)

Posted

A dusting of snow overnight here in West Sussex - first settling snow of the winter. Very relieved it can still happen here. It's a start anyway...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything
:) Bit late but better late than never. Woke up to a dusting this morning. THen between 7.30 and 9.00 it tried again a few times with a few flakes in the air. Couldn't really get started though. Have to admit it was a lovely sight this morning. :)

Posted

Had sleet here in newark nr lincoln since around 4:30, currently dry and overcast with a temp of 2.4C, and my local forecast said that overnight showers may well fall as sleet or snow.

Posted

Had the lightest of snow showers at lunch time today in Dover. there was a fair amount of snow on the ground this morning from all of last nights snow. Some of the main roads hadn't been gritted causing problems, saw a policeman flagging a gritter down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Sleet from 1430 until 1700. Amazing how many days with sleet or snow falling we've had in such a mild month, only 2 days with snow on the ground though.

T.M