Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 20th February

PB22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy weather in winter. Dry and warm in summer.
EH!!! We have 3cm a further 12 miles inland. We miss out again!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good covering here in Gateshead. Still snowing. I would say there is a couple of inches. BEST SNOW ALL WINTER!

Posted

well we have about an inch of snow in stanley durham, really coming down heavy. Below isa link to the Tyne Bridge and Millenium Bridge webcam, doesnt the queyside look nice under snow, keep spotting for the geordie lasses in mini skirts still though and the newcastle united fans walking around with no tops on as they are well hard :(

BBC Newcastle WebCam

Edited by blackwell

Posted

Hi folks, I just found this site today and I’m well impressed.

Not many from Northumberland though so I thought I’d give you a quick update from here.

On the coast we’ve had a few heavy snow/hail showers, enough to cover the ground but soon melts. Could cover is very broken with large spells of clear sky.

Here’s hoping for better over the next few days ????

Posted
well we have about an inch of snow in stanley durham, really coming down heavy.  Below isa link to the Tyne Bridge and Millenium Bridge webcam, doesnt the queyside look nice under snow, keep spotting for the geordie lasses in mini skirts still though and the newcastle united fans walking around with no tops on as they are well hard  :(

BBC Newcastle WebCam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ROFL! how true. :(

Still snowing here at the moment.

Posted

Hi,

Had snow on and off through the night here in Cleethorpes. I t was settling but we had some sleety showers which got rid of the settled stuff. At the moment it is snowing quite heavily again, although its wet snow and not really settling. Strong wind when the showers come in off the sea. Covering of snow on cars, but thats about it for now!!, The wolds are probably seeing the worst.

Rgds

Glenn

Posted

Woke up to a covering of snow this morning and have had another snow shower since then. It has stopped now but hopefully they'll be more to come!

Posted

:(

just started snowing again in newcastle very heavily

looks like it could be the start of something nasty looking at the forecasts for the rest of the week!

Posted

Unforecast snow last night left a dusting, have light to moderate snow tonight, snow wasn't a certainty for my area until monday! :(

Posted

The trusty ruler in the back garden experiment says 7-9cms of level snow in Beverley.

Posted

Her is south Lincolnshire we had a dusting overnight :(

But then at 9am the kids came in when I was fast asleep, after a very late night on the furums, and shouted that it was snowing heavily.

true to their word it was and lasted about 30mins, big fat fluffy flakes bouncing around in the strong wind, which I hasten to add is a tad chilly.

So 9:30am now and its stopped and the damn sun has come out again.

Temps 0.5C

however looking at the radar it looks like we should get a few more before the day is out. :(

Posted

Snow showers throughout the night and morning, some heavy at times have given a good covering of 4cms so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy weather in winter. Dry and warm in summer.

3 inches level snow here, more in drifts.

Posted
3 inches level snow here, more in drifts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Snow showers now becoming more frequent inland.

Had a nice heavy one which lasted about 15 minutes, although the sun is out now.