Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Post Your Snow Depths Here

izi

Posted

Measured at 9am as 12.5 cm level snow.

Compare these two photos of my rain gauge/temperature sensor to show the rate of accumulation......

7.30am

http://newtonaycliffe.fotopic.net/p12033199.html

9am

http://newtonaycliffe.fotopic.net/p12034472.html

Edited by paul tall

Posted

About an inch fell here overnight but its very bright and sunny now so it'll probably all be gone by lunchtime

Posted

RAF Digby 1inch, no wait its snowing again so could be more :unsure:

ooohhh hold on big flakes coming down now :D :o :o

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

This mornings total... 0mm

Total winter total... 0mm

Expected total... 0mm

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Still Zilch.

Posted

As at 10am - Gilmerton, Edinburgh (my work) - 3cm.

Posted

A good afternoon People....my inaugural post on this site. I don't have any weather gizmos, only eyes, ears and a nose!!

...And I smell SNOW!!!

Wind has veered to the east and sunny skies giving way to threatening and heavily laden clouds.

A few snow pellets just fell and its getting darker....

Could this be it?????

I'm in Chingford, E4..and although we have a London postal code, we were a part of West Essex up til 1965!! :(

Posted
Just had another 1cm on the ground but quickly melted

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So your snow depth is 0cm then? :(

Might have a few cm's by the morning I think

Posted

Not really dubious considering that as far as I'm aware, Middlesbrough doesn't have a Met Office recording station. The nearest station is Leeming some 30 miles south west and it recieved nowhere near as much snow.

It is very possible that Middlesbrough would have recorded 12mm rain (1mm=1.2cm snow)

I've recorded 12mm in the last 12 hours, by melting snow from my rain gauge, and I've lost some off the top of the gauge as it was totally full and snow falling off when I got up this morning.

Edited by paul tall

Not really dubious considering that as far as I'm aware, Middlesbrough doesn't have a Met Office recording station. The nearest station is Leeming some 30 miles south west and it recieved nowhere near as much snow.

It is very possible that Middlesbrough would have recorded 12mm rain (1mm-1.2cm snow)

I've recorded 12mm in the last 12 hours, by melting snow from my rain gauge, and I've lost some off the top of the gauge as it was totally full and snow falling off when I got up this morning.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, but that's in the last 12 hours. Look at the time that the Middlesbrough depth was posted. It's not impossible obviously, but I would just hope that people take their reading with the appropriate rigour, if they're to be believed.

The raingauge network is far more extensive than people might imagine.

Posted
Yes, but that's in the last 12 hours. Look at the time that the Middlesbrough depth was posted. It's not impossible obviously, but I would just hope that people take their reading with the appropriate rigour, if they're to be believed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes quite true, yesterday morning I had 3cm snow cover. They did recieve a lot more in Middlesbrough yesterday though, so I do believe that the figure could have been approaching 14cm. From the photograph supplied by anti-mild, the snow certainly looked deep.

This morning at 9am I recorded 12.5cm snow cover over concrete. The snow was heavier further inland (ie over me) last night, so taking into consideration that I have seen, and measured, that amount of snow on my doorstep, is another reason why I think the figure of 14cm to be true.

PS, in some parts of my back garden I had 16cm this morning, although that was measured over grass.

Edited by paul tall

Posted

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

10 miles from middlesbrough semi-rural have had 2 fairly decent falls during satnight/sunmorn and mondaymorn each 4 inches

0.00 in Bristol

Another total disaster of a cold spell for most people AGAIN. It's pretty obvious now snow is not going to be widespread and looks confined to North East and East Coast. Odd snow showers else where but nothing waranting going to the grit Box.

Just don't understand why this spell is not more widespread.

People who have had snow say it's melting straight away anyway. ROLL ON SPRING

:blink: