Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 24th February

PB22

Posted

Snowing all day here-nothing will settle- grrrrrrrrrgh!

February isnt late for settled snow, I remember longish periods of snow as late as April. Is it global warming or just bad luck this year? Its really pepping up here now but no sign of settling, so dissapointing, worse overhyped let down I can remember. Still, plenty of time left. Early Spring can spring surprises! :)

A mixture of rain, sleet and snow at times this morning.

Just recently, hail and snow showers have started up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Posted

Good fun in wet snow today, after setting out from a green and wet Bedfordshire with 12 students to do a drainage and topography survey in Peterborough we hit lying snow about 5 miles south of Peterborough. Onsite it was about 2" and it proceeded to snow heavily the entire time we were surveying the field, digging holes and lifting drain covers. I loved it but I had some very cold students on my hands (especially the guy from Botswana!! - his first ever snow :) ).

So despite being very wet, it was great fun - I guess it is up to each of us to make the most of what we get and not worry about what we were promised :)

Posted
Snowing all day here-nothing will settle- grrrrrrrrrgh!

February isnt late for settled snow, I remember longish periods of snow as late as April. Is it global warming or just bad luck this year? Its really pepping up here now but no sign of settling, so dissapointing, worse overhyped let down I can remember.  Still, plenty of time left. Early Spring can spring surprises! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

GW me thinks,funny how it get's less and less each year with the occasional blip...........

Posted
GW me thinks,funny how it get's less and less each year with the occasional blip...........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, thought the snow had stopped, but its off again.

Posted

OK here's the deal for today. Crap all day since about 9am with sleety drizzle non-stop. Woke up to a 2cm covering this morning and was sexcited, but all gone by lunchtime thanks to this crappy drizzle. Not exactly what we were promised!! :)

Posted

Started snowing again, this time it is settling nicely :) Very heavy for a time, now just gentle. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear sky or snow

It's been snowing all day in north staffs but it's melting faster than it's falling :)

so now Via a live video feed on my website for the next few hours

you can see which way it goes (if it works)

http://www.darknight.co.uk/webcam.htm

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Poor show for Sheffield today despite snowing most of the day it melted in lower areas and reduced in depth at 500ft .

Good news snowing heavily now and covering quickly. Whether this is a shower or not time will tell.

Depth peaked at 51/2 inches this morning around 3ish now.

Edited by The PIT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Havin a heavy snow shower here in Brownhills! Looks more like sleet to me or extremley wet snow! lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Just a shower ah well never mind hopefully something unforecast brewing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

had 2 snow showers today better of them was around 7 pm tonight

Posted

Unfortunately today, up until lunchtime the precip was snow, however it soon turned to heavy rain, but it is now just gone below freezing! and i'm still a little bit hopefuly because there looks like there is some quite heavy precip on the way.

Thats all the info i can offer you for now, i will report back later, or maybe tomorrow morning if anything comes from my suspicious hopes.

Tommy

Posted

Woke to a 2cm covering this morning. We had snow right through the day, but the ground was just too wet and it wasn't intense enough for anything to settle. However, it has just started snowing reasonably heavy again and it starting to settle in some places. :)