Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 24th February

PB22

Guest Sir Seany

Okay ipromised myself i wouldnt do a snow report until the end of the day! So here it is!

Woke up at 8am this morning to find a significant covering of 1-2 inches thick in some places. It snowed for about 12 hours, mostly "wet snow" which fell and didnt stick. For reasons unbeknownst to me because the temperature did not get up beyong 1.7c all day! If it did stick i would have got around 4 inches in the end! The snow stopped around 6-7pm. The snow i had in the morning of course gradually began to melt through the day, but did all go.

Now the temperatures have dropped, and oddly enough, even though thereis nothing on the radar for miles around, it is still snowing, though ever so lightly, but very distinct flakes, and it has given a slight covering on all surfaces including paths driveways and grass, even rooves! Everything is freezing over and surfaces are beginning to get black ice, i even expect small icicles to form as the melt fights against the freeze!

Well that all in my snow reports for today, i thinki have come to the conclusion that i would rather haev not seen it snow at all, then get that depressing stuff which melts as it hits the ground, like it Hogwarts Great Hall at Christmas :)

Goodnight!!!

Posted
Blizzard in Watford so unexpected!

Big flakes coming down steadily but slower than 5 minutes ago. A cm settled at least now, hoping for an inch. Absolutely quality!

I have also been told there is snow now on the ground in Watford. :) Sure it was windy enough to be a bliazzard? Doesn't look windy enough looking at RAF Northolt at 8Pm.

EGWU 241950Z 07013KT 9999 -RASN BKN013 BKN030 02/M01 Q1012

Would settle there when I'm here (Nothing has really settled over the last few days) - Sleet today but nothing more than that in Reading.

Edit - Snow shower a few minutes ago.

Edited by P.K.

include this in relevent thread...

VERY HEAVY snowfall across north kent right now!!! settling on everything in bout 15mins....

near whiteout conditions.....