Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 26th February

J10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Well there is 4cm on the ground here in Ipswich after alot of showers last night. And by the looks of the radar there is more to come :mellow:

heres my reports from last week, as i didnt have enough time to post them then:

between last sunday and monday, we had no more than a 2cm slight covering on the ground- although i recorded 40 snow heavy snow showers, and ten light ones during daylight hours alone. During the week we had snow showers every day right up until wednesday night, when snow turned to rain- wednesday morning had a depth of 10-12cm in the morning though, which is the most here in ten years. During tuesday and wednesday i recorded 21 heavy, prolonged snow showers, with only a few light scatterings. Thursday night we only had sleet, but we had a few sno showers on friday, but notghing to write home about. Yesterday was a very wet day with rain showers nearly all mid-day but come evening and ppn turned to snow again, and overnight we must have saw a good few showers as we have 4cm on the ground, with more to come by the looks of the radar :D

Posted

for sunday - a slight dusting of snow on the ground - in some places you can see the massive flakes! hoping there'll be more on its way, but probs not.

c ya

tommy

Posted

Just woke up to a nice covering of snow, and it was snowing quite appreciably. Very surprised, didn't expect any of the snow to reach this far west overnight. Stopped now, and I think it will melt when the sun comes up.

Posted

Whitstable, Kent seen snow from 00.32 last night, small flurries started as grain snow and now just passing showers, big one came through early morning and now have a track of snow showers for the next hour I think according to radar.

3cm depth.

Just returned from the USA so sufferring jet lag, had its benefits last night.... :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Was awoken by a text from a work colleague saying 'look outside' and woo hoo. We have approx 3cm laying and more falling now. looks like more may come over judging by the sky. I'm sorry I called us snowless Shoebury last night. :D:D

Posted

Well there doesn't seem to be a thread for the 27th yet. Well the reason I want to know is cos I have just had a completely unexpected pasting. Its been snowing heavily for the past 90 minutes with only a few breaks and everything is white!!

WBSH :D:D:)

Edited by Winter Blizzard Summer Heat

Posted

Still snowing here and been constant for last 15 minutes or so. Sky still looking threatening and no sign of the dreaded sun. Happy to say that if anything its getting heavier not lighter. The hole i poked on next doors car first thing this morning is starting to disappear again.

Ok I spoke too soon.. Its getting lighter as I type. This is great after driving home in unexpected (to me) blizzard conditions late last night. :D

Posted

woke up here in ipswich with two to three inches of snow. was snowing very heaving a 1:00am last night. very suprised.hopefully it wont all melt

Posted

A fresh covering of 1.5cm has fell in the past few hours, still snowing now, but temperature is rising quickly, was -4C at 06:30, now 0C

Posted

Got called out at 0247 this morning to be met with heavy driving snow, mostly gone by 0500 when I got home again, but when getting up 0800, white out with about 2-3cm of laying snow.

Stopped now and back to frequent showers although the sun keeps trying to break through . :D

Posted

Just had a hefty shower on the coast down here in Hythe, Kent which led to fat flakes and whiteout blizzard conditions with strong wind drifting the snow. That left about 2-3cm of snow everywhere and there is another large shower just about to hit from the East - Folkestone direction.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Very light snow falling here since about 0400, mostly just a few flakes drifting down. Very thin scatter of fresh snow, 0.2cm.

T.M

Posted

Blizzard has hit us here approx. 5cm snow :D been varying in intensity all morning. Temp -1°C :):D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Neptune.. We've had blizzards here too this morning. I bet squitters will be happy this morning too. :)

Posted

Just been scrolling through the radar ovenight and about 5 this morning the clouds shifted over and hit us directly and from then on the precip has been heading straight at us... Will be watching with a close eye today. :D