Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports:- 28th February

Osbourne One-Nil

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter / snow

2cm cover of snow this morning when i woke up. Drive into work car recorded temp of -3c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Light snow here for the last 4 hours. Has settled a litlle on above ground surfaces but has now stopped falling.

Temp 0.8°C and still cloudy.

Here's hoping.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

heavy hail/snow shower

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

snow/hail turning very heavy giving a covering but now its just a slushy mess

Posted

hi folks

From one rather puzzled ex Met Office forecaster TRYING to keep you lot informed on what may happen! I say trying, be it an alert, Front Page or Close Up. I suspect that most forecasters will be too late catching on to what is happening over the nw corner of the UK. Even further south its a right 'pigs ear'. I would love to stay up all night to watch what happens but my tired old body will insist I go to bed soon. Take it from me its going to be a real inteersting night and probably also tomorrow as well.

enjoy the weather good people, and spare a thought for those 'real' forecasters out there tearing their hair out(if they have any) as the scene takes off before them!!

regards

JOhn

Posted

I woke up to a light dusting from a snow flurry overnight. Through today there have been a further 2 snow showers, these however were extremely light in nature and died out completely by midday. Precipitation returned at around 7pm, but this was of mainly rain/sleet as the dewpoint has now risen above freezing.

Posted

Lovely big fluffy flakes of snow, coming down at a fair rate too! Sticking to the dry surfaces.....if only this keeps up all night....oh I can dream!

Posted

Snowing moderately just outside Rushden, East Northants at 3am. Mix of decent sized flakes and soft hail, covering the grass, cars, pavements away from houses. I'd be very surprised if it comes to anything mind.

Edited by mackerel sky