Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 02nd March

PB22

Posted

1 Heavy and 2 moderate snow showers in Derby today with flurries between, there was some hail and rain for a time at noon nothing settled though.

Guest Sir Seany

Vyer heavy hail shower here now! Just turnred to snow. I twas very heavy, came from an anvil cloud i saw brewing in the east!

Had heavy snow this morning leaving an inch and a half i'd say. And other heavy snow shower of both graupel and big flakes leaving quite a thick covering at 2pm!

Thats the snow report, for now :lol:

Posted

3 showers so far this afternoon.

All have started and ended as sleet but the heavy middles have been chunky wet snow :lol:

In sunny skies now it is possible to see CBs building all around and I expect more showers soon!

Posted

had 12cms of snow between 6am and 2.30pm today, then we had sleety rain for an hour and now it has turned back to snow with more forecast for tonight. cant wait to see how deep it is tomorrow if this keeps up......as long as we dont get a thaw

Posted

Trying to work out where this snow has come from. Does anyone agree with me that it just seems to coming in anti-clockwise from the North sea with the centre round about London. It appears to be totally un-associated with the earlier national forecasts stating that tonight would bring further heavy falls. I'm assuming these are coming from the North but possibly they may join up with this North sea stuff if it doesn't clear soon.

Posted

Wet snow all day, ranging from light/moderate to heavy with some sleet interspersed from time to time. Is now settling in a slushy mix on the cars and is making a darn good attempt to settle on grass. Very wet on roads though.

Posted

Been snowing all day here in Canterbury again (apart from 30 mins this morning where it rained). Now have a couple of inches on the ground. Should be more but there is a continual sight thaw underneath - it is just snowing faster than it can thaw. Beginning to freeze now though.

post-1961-1109779749_thumb.jpg

post-1961-1109779828_thumb.jpg

post-1961-1109779889_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

snowing here again, heavier this time

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Moderate snowfall here now after a day of rain/sleet, hope it settles tonight.

Posted

Left for work this morning in sleet, which rapidly turned to Snow as I was approaching Faversham.

Snow all day there, with some nice accumilations.

Arrive home safely, and there is an inch and half lying. Could have been a lot more but as Spectre say there is a continuous thaw.

Posted

Just to add another 'northern' type post, as most of the snow now seems to be in the s/e ;)

This morning between 06.50 and 07.20 very heavy snow, immediately settling, and about 1 cm with 30 mins :o I then left for Skelmersdale :angry: (subsequently it stopped snowing around the Burton junction on the A50).

A little bit of snow over around halifax/leeds way on the M62 (one heavy shower towards Leeds). Apart from the hills though, I havent seen any settled snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

wow a VERY heavy snow shower with strong gusts!

Posted

Had a heavy snow shower at about 4am,which fell on top of a hard frost giving about another inch of snow.

A heavy spell of snow occured between 1.00pm and 2.30pm leaving 2 inches on the ground and some minor transport problems.

Currently clear.

Posted

its been raining, but now it has turned to snow

surfaces are soaking though, so i need a miracle in theform of sudden sub zero temperatures!!!

snowking

Posted

Had rain this morning, which gradually turned to snow and then to all surprise started settling in Reigate...

Then it turned to snizzle and started mettling - just as I left to go to Dorking it was turning back to snow again!

Just arrived in Horsham and there's a little bit of sleet/wet snow but nothing much!

Posted

It's snowing in St. Albans, and standing outside just now, the flakes are the most amazing I've ever seen:

Absolutely perfect little individual snow flakes, with their crystal structure clearly visible....

...so grab a jacket, go stand outside and look at what lands on your coat! :o

AMAZING! ;):D:angry::D

Posted

Winds picking up here in haywards Heath and the snow starting to come down a bit more heavily now as well. Still a slushy, patchy layer of snow on grass - can't say in all honesty that it looks particulary attractive yet!

Posted

will you people stop winding me up, I know you really have not seen any snow. After all its March so its Spring!