Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 02nd March

PB22

Posted

heavy snow on the a120 in standon its laying on the paths and the grass not quite got a grip on the roads yet

sky looks full of it :angry:

Posted

WHITSTABLE, KENT. Lots of snow for now exceeding 10 hours. Wind increasing now from North East we expect blizzards soon. 4 to 8" of snow in the whole area.

Posted

Heavy snow fell for about 3 hours this morning, yet absolutely none settled in town here in ross!! :angry: NOT HAPPY

There is about 2 inches in the surrounding high ground and we have just had a couple of heavy snow showers pass through this afternoon.

We did have a covering of about 0.5cm at 9am this morning from snowfall overnight, but really wasn't anything hugely worthwhile.

Posted

Fresh fall of 10cm overnight here, and more heavy snow showers this afternoon. Below 200m ASL there is only a slight dusting. Looks like plenty more to come :angry:

Posted

snowing here, big flakes too, 0.5c, 50p size flakes! still coming but only settled about 0.5cm at most at mo, keep on coming.

Posted

Had 3 snow showers here today, only moderate though and did not settle.

Posted

well, weve had 2cms, and its still light-moderate snow now

a lot has melted from cars passing on the road and snowball fights etc

but i notice another area coming near to east anglia

snowking

Posted

Very, very heavy snow here in South Wales. It started light but soon turned blizzard like, with hughe flakes which quickly covered everything. Still snowing very hard and thick and the sky has turned brown. Most surfaces are covered in 2cm or so do, except the main road. Showing no signs of easing as of yet. :angry:

EDIT: still snowing very heavily, large flakes with nearly every surface covered. Covering of around 2in.

Edited by jackfrost

Posted

Just back from Kent. Anywhere on the main roads east of Gravesend was gridlock. It started getting worrying when I saw cars travelling in the opposite direction with about a foot of snow on them! Travelling on the M2 up towards Bluebell hill, lanes 2&3 had about 6 inches of snow. I tried to come off at the Bluebell hill junction, only to find my car, like most others would not make it up the exit ramp. Several vehicles where stranded there. I then heard on he local radio that Bluebell hill was closed the A249 was closed the M2 and the M20 were severley gridlockled. I continued on to the next junction for the medway towns only to find the same thing, gridlock due to vehicles not being able to make it up the exit ramp. Eventually a snow plough came down the hard shoulder and most people decided to follow that. The amount of snow was just incredible. I saw snow drifts that were at least 2 foot deep. 4 hours to travel 30 miles to get home.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder and lightning

I have pea size to 5p flakes for about 30 minutes now. It is

settling on the cars and grass but turning to slush on the

paths and roads. As the temperature drops it will turn into ice.

Be careful out there peeps.

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

snowings badly heavys mans!! fat flurries is fallings and settlings everywheres within 10 mins whiteouts and bleeeezard conditions is tooks place and right nows is happenings!! all day sleet is fallings and freeeezings. some major gusts is came before bleeezards!! very very xmossy out theres!!!! 0.6c! :angry: :o

Posted

Bit of a Blizzard here in the 'wood!!

Settling nicely on unsalted roads (like our car park!!).. no signs of abating after 1hr (all the time I've been back from work!!)

Took pics on moby, but struggling to download to computer..

Temps are holding a steady 0.3oC.. humdity 98%.. snow definitely blowing from an Easterly direction thereabouts.. :angry: :o ;)

Posted

steel heavys and almost 2cm coverings! the me is built sweet leetle snowmans very easilys! and snow is covered ups area where the me is scooped it's within 3 mins! wonderfooooool!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

Snow/sleet/hail on and off all day. Nothing settled except for the hour blizzard this morning.

Posted

snow is stoppeds!!!!!!! :angry:

Posted

Its wet here but with really heavy snow will it lay and will I get a good amount by the morning {by the way I'm in Ipswich} Please reply

Posted

Been snowing here in Bracknell for last hour or so. It's settling quite well now, grass has a good covering, so does garage roof. Starting to cover paths as well.