IGNORED

Storm Reports - 23rd March 2005

PB22

Posted

Please post any storm reports here.

Thunderstorms currently affecting southwestern England.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted

Thunderstorm earlier in Plymouth reports my brother's girlfriend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Just had very heavy rain with lightning, very loud thunder and strong wind. Easing off now but lost satelite reception for about 5 minutes.

It's great.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

WOW - An electrical storm has started here, flashes every minute or so - the thunder is really loud I would guess the storm is comming up from the channell - this is wonderful to look at !!!!!!

Posted

Thunder and lighting here, raining but not heavy yet. I've noticed some very bright colours to the southwest of us on the radar

Posted
;) Well, I wasn't going to come back on tonight but after the storm that's just passed overhead I am too adrenalised to sleep LOL :) . I feel priveleged to have had a cell pass directly over Westbury. 5 big overhead flashes of sheet lightning from 2312-2330 (some a little away between the same times). In the sheet lightning were some spectacular jagged streaks. Somewhere nearby took a direct hit from the 1st of 2 CG strikes :D ! Continuous thunder from 2312-2317 from here and in the distance! About 8mm of rain in 40 minutes and rain still falling now. It will be awesome to better this in 2005!! :)

Posted

You know, I really shoud stay indoors when this happens. But no, I get in my car and drive around trying to find a vantage point to take photos from that won't also turn me into a big lightning conductor :D Never works. Just end up in the middle of it. In a town.

Confirming Andy's storm report. A lot of lightning around Westbury/Trowbridge. Lot of cloud-to-cloud. Looks like I missed observing Andy's CtoG. Boo! One whacking great rumble in Trowbridge. I'd just stopped in a car-park, wondering where to go next. Looked like cloud-to-cloud, but a real car-shaker of a clap of thunder subsequently. Very close.

Still raining lightly, interspersed with short heavier bursts. No more lightning.

Cheers

Steve

Posted

Steve it looked to be over the far side of town from me but it's hard to tell. It had that definite immediate and loud cracking noise.

Archived