Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Chase Log 7 May 2005

Guest ChaserUK

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
Good luck guys I'm there in Oklahoma with Tempest on may 15th for 2 weeks, bring it on.

:)   :)   :)   :)   :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Long range GFS sugests that starting this weekend there will be an active tornado pattern that will first peak mid next week with further tornado predicted for alt least a week further on. It looks like you have picked a good tour time wise with tempest - as for me I am bring me shase plans forward to start this Tuesday and on Friday I start a driving job with silverlining tours until the 23rd May

I realy do feel that next week and onwards will be the main show this May.

Guest ChaserUK

Hello from Gainsville, N TX! We are here and very very trired indeed - all been awake for 24 hours now. On arrival we did not get off to a good start - we lost Ian at the airport for 3 hours, invertor in vehicle not working My laptop also messing me around! In addition, we ran over my wallet in the vehicle and killed 2 of my credit cards!!!!

Currently watching some storms to our SW heading our way they are forming next to a nearly stationary dry-line in E TX - not sure if we can stay up long enough to watch them but will give it a go.

In the morning we will look at the latest charts and make decisions on our first real target area of the tour.

Posted

Hello To every one, we are finally here staying at the Best Western Motel just off Interstate 35 at Gainsville North Texas. Some good storms just about 150 miles to the South West of us which may give us a lightning show in the early hours, some of these storms were Meso's a few hours ago. Looks like the action area is going to be fairly close to us tomorrow so not much driving as the dry line moves back in from the west Sunday pm. Temps here are still 72f very Moist air, off to bed and should get some good shots for later today.

Paul Sherman

Posted

heres a image off the radar from the region that matt and Paul are in at present,showing a line off storms in the south-west off the picture:

N_Texas12.gif

temps at 07Z roughly 65F and dew points also about that as well!

Edited by kold weather

hi paul

i was getting all excited until this weird gobledygook about writing a basic e-mail came up, i just want to put myself forward as one of the few people who really knew this guy, we used to go fishing down by the river (thames), now its just me and the fish, i just knew he was making a big mistake running towards that big black swirly thing, when everyone else was running in the opposite direction. he was going on about this new digi camera he bought and how it gets really close to the action, well i hope it was insured (and paul). If ye find his legs look for his donor card i'm sure he wanted me to have his wallet.

Hello To every one, we are finally here staying at the Best Western Motel just off Interstate 35 at Gainsville North Texas. Some good storms just about 150 miles to the South West of us which may give us a lightning show in the early hours, some of these storms were Meso's a few hours ago. Looks like the action area is going to be fairly close to us tomorrow so not much driving as the dry line moves back in from the west Sunday pm. Temps here are still 72f very Moist air, off to bed and should get some good shots for later today.

Paul Sherman