Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms 2005

Posted

A new competition this evening. This will run from now until the end of September. You can enter as many entries as you wish but limited to 3 photos a day.

All pictures must be of storms during the period April 25th 2005 - September 30th 2005. The images can be of concective cloud, lightning, rain, flooding, in fact anything storm related. Please include a date and time with your entry, as otherwise it will not be included in the competition.

Once the competition is over, the team will pick a selection of the top images (upto 20) which the members of the forum can then vote on to pick a winner. The tope 3 will each win a handheld lightning detector and the winner will also win 6 months subscription to n-w extra.

Good luck :(

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

You managed to see "convective" but missed "top" spelt "tope".

I've got a picture...

A gust of wind. :angry:

Sorry. I'll keep my camera with me at all times, I hold Paul responsible if I crash whilst trying to take a photo. :(

Posted

I mean, really, what hope has Paul got doing a competition if people don't read the post properly? I'm let down by you MM0NDX! :D

Guest Sir Seany

I remember i got some good lightning shots last years on my camcorder, am i allowed to include still frames from one of my tapes or not, because i am hoping for a nice twightlight storm where it isn't too dark or too light to i can capture some better lightning than last years. So are camcorder stills just fine? :) Because its still me taking the photos, sort of :D

I dont have a really big flashy camera you see, if you excuse the pun :D

Sean :lol:

Posted

Just a reminder that this competition is running - the UK storm season has got off to a fast start, would be good to see some shots of this weekends storms in the comp :)

Guest Sir Seany

Here we go then, i think ill just chose just one from the other night for now :)

gallery_2069_23_3804.jpg

Edited by Sir Seany

Guest Phil_Uk

Not quite the storms on 1st May 2005. (I slept through it all! :) )

But this threatening cloud scene on the evening of Tuesday 3rd May (Which resulted in nothing more than a few large raindrops! :) ) Is the best I can offer at the moment. Full 640x480 and unedited. :)

100_0073.1.JPG

Phil.

Edited by Phil_Uk

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

26th April at 20:30 South Staffs. 3 similar photos taken within a few seconds of each other. The sky was moving pretty rapidly.

gallery_1596_77_46409.jpg

gallery_1596_77_21072.jpg

gallery_1596_77_26569.jpg

Posted
post-1209-1115590855_thumb.jpgpost-1209-1115590795.jpgpost-1209-1115590926.jpgThese are photos taken May 7th, 3p.m. during a particularly lively thunder storm with heavy hail in Ponteland, 1 mile North of Newcastle upon Tyne Airport.

Posted
post-1209-1115590855_thumb.jpgpost-1209-1115590795.jpgpost-1209-1115590926.jpgThese are photos taken May 7th, 3p.m. during a particularly lively thunder storm with heavy hail in Ponteland, 1 mile North of Newcastle upon Tyne Airport.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Rollo great pics! Yes it was a nasty old hail storm yesterday! Hope your back

is better

Regards: Don

Posted

;) Picture taken this afternoon.

It suddenly became very dark at 1615 with large drops of rain.

This is the best picture of the 4 I took although I couldn't avoid the edge of a roof B) . I'll add the others into my gallery soon.

Just added the pictures. If you can find my gallery they're under the headings Shower/Mammatus090505.

post-107-1115652864.jpg

Edited by Andy Bown

Posted

gallery_836_80_12274.jpg

2nd May 2005

Developing Cumulonimbus which 45 minutes after the picture was taken, unleashed a tornado on the village of Hoghton which is a 12 minutes drive away in the car.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Cumulonimbus base from May 2nd.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

These are photos my son has received from a friend in Bunbury, Perth, Australia, taken on Monday of this week. I think they're fantastic.------ see letter below for the truth!

post-1209-1116438154.jpg

post-1209-1116438193_thumb.jpg

post-1209-1116438223.jpg

post-1209-1116438258_thumb.jpg

post-1209-1116438287_thumb.jpg

post-1209-1116438324_thumb.jpg

post-1209-1116438361.jpg

post-1209-1116438395.jpg

post-1209-1116438425_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rollo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Hate to tell you, but your son's friend didn't take those pictures :D They are all from Extreme Instability, taken by Mike Hollingshead in and around Nebraska, USA. Nice pics though B)

Edited by Gorky

Posted
Hate to tell you, but your son's friend didn't take those pictures :D They are all from Extreme Instability, taken by Mike Hollingshead in and around Nebraska, USA. Nice pics though B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Many apologies then, I agree they are great but I did not intend to mislead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

3 photos of the violent storm that passed oer me yesterday (3.45pm-4.30pm).

Loads of rumbles and some very bright and blinding lightning. (I was leaning out of a first floor talking to a friend when this giant CG came down - thought it best to close the window).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer

Just had a storm pass over about 20 minutes ago, got some pics and these are the best 2:

Perhaps I should add that today is 22nd May :D !

Edited by Anti-Mild

Posted

Picture no2 is amazing.