Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - 27th April 2005

Stuart

Posted
That one turning into a full blown thunderstorm now .. lightning is immense :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes, it is worse than I originally thought - it is certainly picking up now!

Posted
Just a stupid question, why don't we get much up here?.... i think in 3 years i have been here we have had 3 storms with thunder and lightening only :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi

not enough 'heat' for summer type storms, in winter the north sees as many as anywhere, especially around the coasts. Move south!, the Trent valley has about the highest incidence!

regards

John

Posted

Had storm about 1.30pm today. Downpour of rain and strong winds. Only heard one rumble of thunder though.

post-3220-1114617624.jpgpost-3220-1114617642_thumb.jpgA couple of pictures from twixt Richmond Park & Wimbledon Common. the main storm passsed slightly to The North but the cloud was pretty dramatic on the southern edge as was the wind - a funnel cloud reported nearby.

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Just had a flash of lightning here (CC) and a rumble of thunder to go with it.

Posted
post-3220-1114617624.jpgpost-3220-1114617642_thumb.jpgA couple of pictures from twixt Richmond Park & Wimbledon Common. the main storm passsed slightly to The North but the cloud was pretty dramatic on the southern edge as was the wind - a funnel cloud reported nearby.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi MOde

Great photos and a big welcome to Net Wx, you are sure to enjoy it.

regards

John

Posted

Had couple of rumbles of thunder mid morning, then rain and hail, then the biggest bang ever just after 2pm which caused most of the office to jump out of their skins. A colleague said sounded like a bomb going off, which she has experienced.

Posted

Hi John,

nah, don't wanna move south it is too peaceful and easy going up here :p i must admit though when we do get a storm they are a spectacle :D i will stick with mega and once in a blue moon ta :D

not sure about the 'too cold' last summer a lot of the time temperar=ture wise we were on parr with the south if not a little higher at times ! guess it must be something to do with being so close to the sea though.