Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - 20th May 2005

Gorky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

I'll add the first storm report of the day. Something HUGE just came through Scarborough despite nothing showing up on the metoffice radar. Frequent heavy Thunder, and absolutely torrential monsoon like rain. I've only ever seen Rain this heavy in videos of hurricanes and the like, we must have had an inch already. First bout started at 12:10 and had an amazing blinding cloudburst for 5 minutes, then after that we've had just downpour after downpour, with Thunder picking up around 12:25. I certainly wasn't expecting this when I watched the weather this morning :blink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Tail end of the storm came through with pea sized hail, and extremely gusty winds. The rain was coming down almost horrizontal. A little bit of blue sky above us now, but some towering cumulus to the north heading this way. I don't think the fun is over yet.

Posted

A small thunderstorm passed through Darwen about an hour ago while I was still at work.

I did not see much of it, but it produced some rather loud thunder.

Posted

Just had a light shower here,it did not last long but for about 5 minutes the wind suddenly picked up from light to strong or even gale force in gusts.

Posted

storm passed round York about half 11ish, moving in the Scarborough direction. No rain or hail, or lightning that I saw but about half an hour or continous rumbles of varying volume. Wind got right up at one point but soon dropped.

Posted

Huge downpur here with hail mixed in. Gutters filled within a minute :blink: The road has about an inch of surface water on it, surprised there was no thunder and lightning (not that i would of been able to hear it anyway)

Posted
I'll add the first storm report of the day. Something HUGE just came through Scarborough despite nothing showing up on the metoffice radar. Frequent heavy Thunder, and absolutely torrential monsoon like rain. I've only ever seen Rain this heavy in videos of hurricanes and the like, we must have had an inch already. First bout started at 12:10 and had an amazing blinding cloudburst for 5 minutes, then after that we've had just downpour after downpour, with Thunder picking up around 12:25. I certainly wasn't expecting this when I watched the weather this morning :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We had some pretty good rumbles of thunder in Malton around 12.30pm also (plus some flashes), although most of the rain missed us. Looks like you got the best of that storm :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Had a thunder storm here at around 2:30pm. Was brill lighting hit our asda and all tills and lights went off witch was fun lol.