Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The End.

Guest ChaserUK

Guest ChaserUK

Well that's it for 2005, tornado chasing that is as upon my arrival back in Jersey I will start planning for the Hurricane Chase 2005.

Mixed feelings about this year - the quietest for 20 years - its official!! One thing I do know is that Barons System helped a great deal and ensured we could get to where the action is and also stay out of harms way.

I should hopefully be able to come back online when I get back to Jersey.

Hope you enjoyed the reports and photos as much as we did taking them!

:angry:

Posted

matt..

despite the disapointments, youve produced some great logs and some fantastic pictures..

and we await some video footage..

at the end of the day youve done your best and your best was something else.. :angry::angry:

have a safe flight home and hope to catch you when youve had a few days sleep.. LOL

Posted
On behalf of all the Net-Weather Team, I would like to thank Matt for all his hard work and effort taken to bring us the Chase reports and pictures from the Storm Chase.

We have all enjoyed reading the reports and looking at the pictures taken - even when there has been a 'bust'.

Have a safe journey home and once again, many thanks :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dito Mrs M. I wasnt on the forum this time last year, so its been an amazing story of your journey.

Cant wait for the next instalment :angry:

Posted

Hi Matt

Can I echo what Mrs Murpymoo has said.

Maybe you will be able to share your thoughts on this year’s chase and some more amazing images once your back home.

Have a safe trip home mate

Posted

Safe journey home Matt.

Shame it was the quietest for 20 years but you've again experienced T-storm that all on NW would dearly love to see.

All the best!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I have enjoyed reading your reports Mat.

Save journey home

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

I know it was a bit of a disappointment for you, but you still got to see some thrilling severe weather...which is fantastic. Far more exciting than what we get here in the UK :D

Have a good journey home Matt. Should be great looking over all the pics and accounts you have managed to get. Will you be putting this storm chase into a diary like last year ? I thought last year's diary was excellent !

Edited by Supercell

Guest ChaserUK

Might do - to be honest however it was such a slow year. Thing is I really need to get to grips with my website which has not been updated in years to be honest (problem with software that I used initially).

Anyway, currently sat in DFW waiting for flight home. We had some nice lightning and thunder and very heavy rain this morning - mother natures way of saying goodbye I guess :blink:

Posted

It's amazing isn't it :p !

Matt goes all the way to USA and travels 1000s of miles without seeing a tornado.

Matty and others from Cambridge look out of their house windows and there's a tornado!!

Thanks for the updates Matt, Paul and Steve :p

Some incredible storm system pictures!!

Guest Sir Seany
It's amazing isn't it :p !

Matt goes all the way to USA and travels 1000s of miles without seeing a tornado.

Matty and others from Cambridge look out of their house windows and there's a tornado!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We that goes along with the fact that we have more tornados than any other country in the world, you can travel thousands of miles and miss a tornado by 100 miles, when here because the country is so small, you can look out your window adn see if a few hundred yards away! Facinating to think that though :p

Posted

I would like to add my thanks for some wonderful posts and pictures. A very enjoyable read. Im sorry you didnt get to see an F3 but there is always next year. My dream is to join a chase one day.

Posted

Sorry to hear that you didn't see anything of note,but still there was some good supercells and at the end of the day even in May your never certain by any means that you are going to see some tornadoes sadly.

Still those massive supercells(some got upto 60,000 feet!)must have looked most impressive and looked impressive on both satilite and radar.

Hope you had a good time,all you who went out there and chased!

Posted

thanks from me as well Matt, some great photos and explanations. Safe trip and have a rest!