Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - 19th June 2005

PB22

Posted

Interesting but also disappointing here,during the afternoon we had virtually unbroken sunshine with large Cunims both to the South and the North West with plenty thunder but no lightning observed.Around 6-30pm it became overcast with some thunder and around 20 minutes heavy rain and now it is overcast and still but dry.

Posted

An intense storm broke between 3:30 and lasted for about 50mins. Constant lightning strikes (mostly sheet/blanket lightning but a few CG Strikes were witnessed) and frequent rumbles of thunder, all encapsulated in torrential downpour.

a major storm last night in Cushendall, County Antrim it started around 11-30pm and lasted till about 4am. Amazin firework show with fork lightnin strikin every 30 secs with hail and very heavy rain. Havent witnessed anythin like it for years and probably wont again for another few years

Posted

storm now to my west, towards sMr Burnshorpe, intense thunder, lightening in distance. 24 deg C still.. looking good in north lincs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

WEll after losing my adsl again, and having a bit of sunshine, there is now a huge bank of black-as-night clouds coming towards me with frequent CG's again. Looks like it's time for a second round of storms :D

Edited by Gorky

WEll after losing my adsl again, and having a bit of sunshine, there is now a huge bank of black-as-night clouds coming towards me with frequent CG's again. Looks like it's time for a second round of storms :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

make sure you unplug your modem as I had to go out and buy a new one today cause the man in shop said lightnin last night broke mine thats why I couldnt tell you my report from last night my internet connection went dead

Posted

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah that's what the noise to my right is - you noisy lot in Scarborough :D

Send it over the moors when you are done :D

Posted

T-Storm started around 4pm with a low rumble of thunder, and a heavy downpour, no hail. 2 strikes of lightning and 5 claps of thunder overhead. The second storm started around 5pm with a gust front, as the Cb passed NNE several loud cracks boomed aross the sky and in between 3 strikes of lightning, another heavy downpour with big drops of rain, it knocked the TV off twice, and the temperature dropped to 21.0C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Storm arrived here shortly before 1800 g.m.t and lasted until 1930 g.m.t. Nothing very serious here but the storm seemed to intensify as it moved to the east. There was almost continuous thunder about 7-10 miles east of here between 1900 and 1920 g.m.t.

Only 4.3mm rain from the storm.

T.M

Posted

Another unexpected small storm of almost continuous lightning has passed to the south east of us in the past half hour around worksop and looks like its heading up to the east of doncaster.

Lots af lightning and thunder rumbling into the night, looks fantastic as it illuminates the cloud tops, still very warm and only a little fresher.

Posted
Another unexpected small storm of almost continuous lightning has passed to the south east of us in the past half hour around worksop and looks like its heading up to the east of doncaster.

Lots af lightning and thunder rumbling into the night, looks fantastic as it illuminates the cloud tops, still very warm and only a little fresher.

Sounds like the storm me and a close friend went through at around that time at Tibshelf services on the M1. The hail in that was around grape sized and the lightning almost continuous. It was a real shame I was driving at the time :D

EDIT: I forgot to add, the M1 was flooded in one or two places and the traffic down to about 40mph.

Edited by Rob W