Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - 20th June 2005

roberthines

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Well, we've had our first CG's of the Day in Scarborough. A huge fork appeared to hit the radio transmitter on Seamer Moor. Steady cg's at the moment although most of the action is to the south and ut of my view

Posted

1st thunderstorm developing right over me so early in day :D .. could be a nasty day here :D

Posted

heard a few rumbles of thunder overhead this morning. Am praying it will cool it down somewhat today!

Edit - great big fork lightening that made me jump out of my skin!

Edited by snow raven

Posted

had another storm around midnight which knocked off the power, centre was well away from here.

Posted

Storm very early this morning, sky was flashing all over excellent to watch

Posted

forgot to post in the reports section for yesterday.... altho a couple of rumbles at 2am this morning scared the crust out of me when i just started dozing off (i was a bit tipsy :D )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Was woken by thunder about an hour ago, not sure if there was lighnening, but it was a pertty loud bang.

I have looked at http://meteocentre.com/lightning/map_sfuk....g=en&map=Europe can someone explain what the telephone like pics are on the maps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Just had a VERY loud boom of thunder, like a bomb going off. Its very black and the atmosphere is electric.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

This Storm is developing very quickly! Incredible thunder! Like bombs, quite scary! The rain has just started too, and it's HEAVY, OMG!! :D

Posted

The storm passed through Chelsmford about 20 minutes ago, not much rain but pleanty of loud thunder. The suns now coming out and the air is no fresher so I 5think we are in for more storms this morning

Posted

We have just had one hell of a storm here, vivid lightening, Hail stones, Very loud thunder and the roads were flooding quicking. It's now eased. Still lightening though.

Posted

Thunder to my South and North. Currently bright and warm here.

Posted

Quite a storm going on just to my East! Great lightening. :) Still so humid here :(

Posted

Small storm here in Cambridgeshire, some distant thunder and currently raining moderatly no sign of any more tornadoes though! :(:) Hopefully this clears the air a bit anyway its too humid for my likeing.

Posted

Another storm just past, this one was much heavier. Torrential rain for a time, everywhere is drenched and occasional rumbles of thunder, heaviest rain here for quite some time.

Posted

Got a storm around here now, only seen a couple of lightning strikes. Couldn't look out of the window though, just got back from Sainsbury's and needed to help put everything away. Glad we've had a storm now, very humid though.

Posted

I heard the distant thunder this morning from the above storms.