Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - 28th June 2005

Posted

I came on line at 2:30 this morning to report some very heavy storms off the coast of Portsmouth and IofW but N-W was down. The strike alert started to go off from around 11 pm but I was not 100% shore it was from storms so I changed it battery and it was still going mental. I first became aware of the storm at around midnight when you could see flashes on the distant horizon, at 2:30am the storm had moved close enough to just distinguish the sound of the thunder.

Hopefully we will see some more imports today

Edited by Adi Fiddler

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Exeter 4pm

rain and thunder now occuring nothing on the scale of last week tho.

Posted

Thunderstorms to the North East and West (esp West) of Pembs active now, heavy rain.

Edited by Avain

Posted

Torrential rain and a fair bit of lightning has just moved over Barnstaple, North Devon. It has not shown up on the lightning detecter though!? Can anyone else local to this area confirm this? Is this just because there is a lag time? Anyway

Storm lasting from 1600-1640, Barnstaple, North Devon. Moving ESE towards Croyde/Woolacombe area.

Marcus

Posted
Torrential rain and a fair bit of lightning has just moved over Barnstaple, North Devon. It has not shown up on the lightning detecter though!? Can anyone else local to this area confirm this? Is this just because there is a lag time? Anyway

Storm lasting from 1600-1640, Barnstaple, North Devon. Moving ESE towards Croyde/Woolacombe area.

Marcus

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

According to the lightning detector on this site, all the storms are over N Wales ;)

Posted

A large storm is approaching Portsmouth now with loads of Thunder, strike alert is going crazy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.
According to the lightning detector on this site, all the storms are over N Wales ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's wrong, the sferics are really in the south west. Nothing here.

Posted

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes thats what I am confused about, because the Euro lightning detector shows the South/southwest of the UK getting it and not Wales :)

Marcus

EDIT: Spelling :)

Edited by thewildething

Posted
Yes thats what I am confused about, because the Euro lightning detecter shows the South/southwes of the UK getting it and not Wales ;)

Marcus

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the storms are definitely NOT over N Wales :) (yet)

Posted

Nice storm to end the day!!

Frequent lightning

Torrential rain

Gusting Winds

Video Clips to follow

Video clip of lightning

Keep your eye on the ariel on the house (Just left of the middle of the picture)

CG striking down 6 seconds into the clip

Quicktime format

28_06_05_1642.3gp

Sorry bout the window shutting at end of the clip, the latch wasn't on!!!!

Another Clip

This time the storm is directly overhead, Nearly the end of the clip there is a lightning strike but it caused interference on the camera

Good Audio of the thunder though!!!!

28_06_05_1648.3gp

Have a feeling the storm is coming back for seconds!!!

Definatly another storm brewing here

Admin Edit:\ Try to avoid repeat posting in this section. I understand your excitement, but try and use the edit button in future as we want the reports area as clean as possible.

Thank you.

Posted

Hour of non-stop thunder, lightning and very heavy rain. Gusting winds at times too.

Calmed down for a bit but more on the way I feel.

Posted

Can hear thunder in the distance, as i type a louder rumble has just happened. (also there are some people playing with kites on the park!!! ;) )

Posted

A few storms around the bridgwater area at the moment.hopefully more to come.Anyone know if any storms are heading my way?

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

faint rumblies in lootons! ;) dark thundry looking clods and strong winds

Posted

We had one dark cloud move over 30 mins ago that produced 1 flash of lightning and clap of thunder, some very light rain and that was it. Doh!!

Posted

Storm number 2 seems to be upon me, its fairly large producing a lot of thunder, cloud-ground and intercloud lightning, but fairly light rain at the moment. Unsure as to which way its moving, most liklely East.

Light wind and slow moving cloud.

Storm No 2 from about 1840 and still going on,

Barnstaple, North Devon

Marcus

Posted

It's been smashing today in north west leicestershire...but it's changing for the worst.

Clouds have started to build to the SSW, and we've heard thunder for the last hour. Not sure where it is though, maybe birmingham(?).

Has got noticably louder in last 15 minutes, now anyone not listening for it can here it.

Looks like it's going to be a good one.

Any lightning detecting sites free on the web, apart from the isle of white one - it never shows storms here very well.

Cheers

John

Posted

We've got a light one - started around 6.15, thunder is just rumbling around and can not actually see any lightning. Rainfall could not be described as torrential, although we had downpour that lasted all of three minutes. It isn't actually staining the pavements.