Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - 28th June 2005

Posted

Another 15 minute storm with large amounts of thunder and lightning....running SE to NW into the first storm running SW to NW

so much thunder and lightning! :rolleyes:

Posted

looks like something may be kicking off here though most of the big stuff seems to be heading off towards the hills to the west..

still.. PIT might get a bit of summerts.. LOL

Posted

Distant lightning and loud low rumbling thunder!

Daz

Posted

I can now take great pleasure in reporting that Northampton finally got a storm, and very pleasing it was too. :rolleyes:

It took about half an hour to pass over, and at its height, there was lightning every couple of seconds, and near continuous thunder.

-PBS-

Posted

lots of lightning over chesterfield, to my south west. dark cloud for a few hours but only in the past 30 mins has it started to kick off. lots of cloud to ground. 3 a min ave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mixed winters and springs, thundery summers and meditteranean autumns

Plenty of heavy rain. Good lightning to the east and northeast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fog, Drizzle, Rain, Wind and Thunderstorms

Storm passed overhead at about 2130 although there have been rumbles since about 2100. Completly black and still sporadic CG and IC coming from all corners. A rather funny sky as there are areas (albeit small ones) of completly clear sky but surrounded by massive CBs. Also had a shower of light to moderate rain about 15 mins ago.

At its peak I would say somewhere in the order of 5 visible strikes per minute. Enough to make the lights flicker.

James

Hello everybody - first post!

Any news on Manchester getting any storms?

It has just started raining (not too heavy), the temperature has started to drop and it is now getting dark - but no sign of thunder or lightning yet.

My interest in storms comes particularily from being in a tent for seven hours during the Glastonbury storms last Friday. Now that was an experience!

Thanks.

Posted

Thunderstorm in Liverpool as I type. Two in fact... I'll be in the cupboard under the stairs if anyone needs me.

Edited by Lady Penelope

Posted

lightning getting nearer, can hear the thunder now. the cloud base looks quite high but the colour is red/black. amazing fork lightning now stretching from the pennines around chesterfield to as far east as i can see towards mansfield/bolsover.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, Windy at the coast.

Getting big blobs of rain here now.

2 lightning strikes and a thunder so far.

Earlier I was on the train from manchester City centre to where I live, I could see from the train window, to the south east how black the sky was, as the train was going along heading east.

The sky looked quite dramatic and dark along the southern horizon with quite a distinctive ropey twisted patern to the clouds. And high up you could see the cloud tops which were dark grey.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, Windy at the coast.

Still getting lightning and thunder here but not very often.

Probably 1 strike every 5 mins but judging by the meto radar it might intensify.

Posted

Severe storms here in London. I've managed to record some footage of fork lightning almost hitting the London Eye. I didn't manage to record it hitting the roof protector across the road though because I was so shocked to see it!!!

*I'll upload the video shortly

Posted

Another much bigger storm just finished...lasted for approx 1 hour....sky constantly lit up with lightning and rubling with thunder

The most amazing storm I've ever seen.... :rolleyes: :o :D

Posted

Have had T-Storms around here for about 2 hours now.

The rain, although still coming down, is now just moderate.

Flashes of lightening between every 2-5 mintues.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

well now that the thunderstorms have gone, I can report having seen but not had a thunderstorm with frequent lightning, over Liverpool.

Posted

First 2 storms for me!!

First was in Birmingham City Centre whilst at work. First rumbles of thunder from about 6.45pm. Last about 7.30pm. About 2 lightning strikes a minute at its peak. Didn't see much as I was working :(

Second one started at about 9.45pm as I left work and I drove through it all the way home to Walsall. Not as active as the first one but some CG and IC all the same! Had headed off NE and all gone quiet by 10.30pm.

Simon

Posted

Lightning visible, to the south of where I am, in the cloud tops. Looks to be coming this way. Can't hear the thunder tho. Some spectacular looking 'rolls' of lighting through the clouds though.

Edited by glynh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Thunder and lightning here since about 2030, some excellent fork lightning. Rain began around 2120 but has only been moderate.

With the frequency of thunder and lightning I keep expecting some torrential rain but any heavy stuff must be very localised.

Temperature has fallen to 10.6c, it was 14.9c when the storms began at 2030.

T.M

Posted

Just had a storm for about an hour here, regular lightning, thunder not really that close. Didn't spot any CGs either. All is quiet once again ...