Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - 04th July 2005

Paul Sherman

Posted

Please post all Storm Reports here for the 04th July 2005

Am watching a storm about 40 miles to my South East with Frequent IC Lightning at present.

Paul Sherman

Posted

Lightning seen in distance at 23:00 last night to south east, no thunder lightning detector active until after midnight. showers during the night. sky looks like today might be interesting. See attached photo............ :unsure:

post-3644-1120460980.jpg

Edited by ngoodman

Posted

Hailstorm around 10.40am followed just a few minutes ago by a rumble of thunder from it's back edge that's clearing over the Salisbury Plain!

Posted

Probably the best storm of the year here just now (not saying much) but a fair bit of lightning and some reasonably loud thunder..

Posted

Thunderstorm here at the moment, wasn't really expeting it today as the BBC reconed it would be up north

Posted
Probably the best storm of the year here just now (not saying much) but a fair bit of lightning and some reasonably loud thunder..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hope its heading my way!

Posted

hi just had a storm here at about 2:55pm - 3:30pm in bristol was out in it seem to apear from the west moving east torrential rain and big hail and the thunder was deep lightning was not as freqwent but what i did see looked as thow it went from cloud to cloud and then to ground very strange did not expect it attal as i would not have gone out on my bike if i did clearing now have fun to thows east of bristol SWINDON etc coming your way and proberly building all the way

Posted

Report number 2 for today.

A storm that seemed to split into 2 seperate cells :unsure: as lightning was coming to my E and then to my N as the storm slipped NW-SE. A slight clearance appeared between these 2 areas of the sky.

Sun shining here all the time with a great effect on the nearest CG purple bolt B) !! Several nice CCs too!

Lightning was towards Trowbridge/Bradford on Avon/Devizes/Melksham!

Thunder not too loud but some very gusty (gale?) winds blowing around it's W flank!

Posted

just had hail and a bit of thunder. It looked more menacing as it was coming towards us,

Edited by carpgirllou

Posted

A decent storm here in Canterbury an hour ago.

Thunder, lightning, and 30-40 mins of moderate rain.

Witnessed two awesome C-C strikes right above me.

:unsure:

Posted

Hi

Had some thunder and hail with a couple of CC lightning about 2.00pm

Looking out at sky now and it has all gone very dark, and menancing....hopefully in for a bit more!!!

Kel in Basingstoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

big thunder again here now- even saw the lightning too this time!! loud, long lasting rumbling thunder too

been dark, miserable and raining here allll day long!

Edited by i luv snow

Posted

Got some photos of the storm which I expect was the one Andy Brown was watching as well

Pic 1: Better view of storm as it drifts southeastwards

Pic 2: Trying to photo the rain, not the heaviest I've seen but no too bad as I wasn't expecting anything!

Pic 3: First large drops of rain

Pic 4: Storm comming from northwest direction

Edited by Tim

Posted

Ace Tim B) (I'll forgive you the surname spelling :unsure: )

They seemed to develop at your end of the Bristol Channel and funnel SE iDoh a dumb swear filter got the better of me!

Still near here now with a few more rumbles in the last 15 mins.

Posted

Ah yeah sorry, never noticed before! The pics came up in the post in a differnt order than I'd expected so just had to edit it so it makes sense! Like your earlier post it was a bit difficult to tell in which direction these storms were moving. At first I thought they were comming from the northwest, then it seemed to have more of a westerly movement then I even wondered if they were heading northeast

Posted

tim did u get hail stones in that storm cus i think it only just skimed u cus iam in st george and we had torrential rain and hail stones plus the wind pick up bigtime during it

Posted

very black sky and thunderstorm here at 15-30 hrs loud thunder and CG and CC lightning. very large hailstones and torrential rain.

Nice cloud formations - see photo

Been raining steadily ever since

Posted

very black sky and thunderstorm here at 15-30 hrs loud thunder and CG and CC lightning. very large hailstones and torrential rain.

Nice cloud formations - see photo

Been raining steadily ever since

post-3644-1120494243.jpg

Posted
Hi

Had some thunder and hail with a couple of CC lightning about 2.00pm

Looking out at sky now and it has all gone very dark, and menancing....hopefully in for a bit more!!!

Kel in Basingstoke

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the site! :unsure:

Heavy rain falling here again with sparatic rumbles of thunder about.