Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - 04th July 2005

Paul Sherman

Posted

put washing out , look back and theres a meaty stormy looking cloud appear out of no where . had a few rumbles here around noon, (sorry only just got in ) very black heavy skys with sudden breaks and gaps of blue sky all afternoon then a bit of hail .around an hour go seemed mostly blue with odd large lorry like low clouds speeding by now seems top be more and more filling up sky

have some pics im uploading now :unsure:

Posted

There was lightning with distant thunder to the East here between 1:15am - 2am that didn't come to much. Then this afternoon about 3:30pm while I was at work in Broadstairs a very large storm came in, complete with a "wall" on its leading edge. The northern edge of it just clipped us producing a fair bit of thunder and lightning. There was obviously heavy hail over Ramsgate way, and judging by the percieved size of the storm; Sandwich, Deal, Dover & Folkestone looked as if as they got thoroughly abused by it. It was moving in a South Easterly direction so it didn't affect us too much! There is still an awful lot of convective looking cloud over on that western horizon though.

Posted
tim did u get hail stones in that storm cus i think it only just skimed u cus iam in st george and we had torrential rain and hail stones plus the wind pick up bigtime during it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi yeah in my pic looking east you can kind of see that the center of it was going to hit east Bristol. We only had the rain here yeah. I tried to chase after it but it was moving to fast and the traffic was just to heavy to get to the other side of town quick enough

Posted

Storm skimmed me this afternoon. I was monitoring it for about 15 minutes as it passed just to my south. I thought it headed more ENE by the time it arrived here. I managed to get a high vantage point and saw at least 5 CGs towards the south, the strongest of which was pink. Also saw a couple of nice ICs. It was clear that the worst of it was over towards Deal, and in Margate we only got steady, and occasionally heavy rain for around 30 minutes. A fairly big system which didn't amount to a great deal here really.