Pollen
IGNORED

Storm Report For 10th August 2005

Stuart

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted
    Just a chance of something thundery. If anything happens post your reports here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks like the thundery showers are not going to materialise. Convection seems to have reduced significantly since 1pm in the north-east....damn it.

EDIT - Although there are a few isolated cells developing, mostly hugging the East coast, with the odd rogue one likely to come inland...i think its going to be very hit and miss.

Posted

Storm Report on behalf of my friend: -

At 4.30pm my colleague who works for Durham Surestart was driving to Sedgefield on his usual rounds, when he was caught in a very heavy rainstorm. A large part of the dual carriageway from Darlington to Sedgefield area turned into a mini-river as torrents came down for up to 15 minutes. He had never seen rain like it apparently. A few flashes of lightning were also reported.

The storm developed over Durham City at around 3.00pm and headed south slowly...arriving in the southern reaches of the County by 4.00...deluges reported in Chilton, Ferryhill and further south towards Sedgefield.

Archived