Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports 19th August

c_jephcott

Posted

Thought I'd start this as we've got a gem rumbling away out there. Lots of lightning and lots of thunder. Guess I won't be getting any sleep tonight!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Big storm just passed through Bournemouth over the last hour. Preceded by torrential rain - lots of forked cc strikes and constant thunder.

Some very bright lightning from multiple cells. Now moving away East along South coast. Enjoy!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
Big storm just passed through Bournemouth over the last hour.  Preceded by torrential rain - lots of forked cc strikes and constant thunder.

Some very bright lightning from multiple cells.  Now moving away East along South coast.  Enjoy!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm looking at that storm now on the detector, looks a good one! :lol:

Posted

Got woken up this morning at 0408hrs by a thunderstorm just skirting to the north of Burnt Oak, Edgware, North London. No rain, just lots of CC lightning.

0531hrs now and the storm has passed by, moving east, but according to the rain radar, looks like there's going to be some extremely heavy rain - and possibly thunder - heading this way.

Posted

Just awoke to a Thunderstorm which began at approximately 4:55AM, although the StrikeAlert did pick it up about 30minutes before it arrived, with its constant beeping which awoke me :lol:

Although the storm was disappointing with about 4 Lightning Strikes.

However it appears a larger cell is on its way through here in about an hours time according to the 0500hrs MetO Radar.

I will have to double check that quickly, but as im typing there is more rumbling and lightning strike occuring.

Chris @ Hampshire @ 05:46AM

Posted

I can’t be bothered to right a report so I have posted up my first post on this storm, I can’t believe the amount of rain I couldn’t even see a near by tower block with its lights on. It stopped me getting any photos.

There is one hell of a storm going off over head as I speak loads of lightning and the rain is immense with strong gusting winds, can’t get a single photo due to the amount of rain.

gallery_1327_108_254253.jpg

gallery_1327_108_150930.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Good morning. Woke up 10 minutes ago to the sound of thunder and torrential rain. My perfect kind of morning !

Posted

incredible thunderstorm - not as good as the last two - lightning and thunder at least 30 times, heavy rain to accompany it and odd winds. temperature drop of 2c, 14c.

Posted
incredible thunderstorm - not as good as the last two - lightning and thunder at least 30 times, heavy rain to accompany it and odd winds. temperature drop of 2c, 14c.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

another storm at 6am, loud thunder with fant lightning due to the lighter skies.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

3-4 rumbles of thunder in the distance along the leading edge of the heavy rain band about 10am, been quite since - but still raining hard.

Posted

bit late as I couldnt get to the computer at the time, but had a thunderstorm this morning - started approx 7.00am and went on until 7.50am

Posted

Guys,

Just thought you would like to that between 0330 and 0700 this morning 10.7mm of rain fell across Bournemouth, Dorset.

Regards

Rich

Dr Richard J. Wild BSc (Hons) PhD FRMetS FRGS

Weather Services Commercial Manager - WeatherNet Ltd

TORRO Director - Heavy Snowfall and Blizzards Division

Very heavy rain and loud thunder from 8.15 - approx 9am this morning. Still rather heavy persistant rain now with localised flooding :lol:

i heard lightning was seen but didnt see it myself so cant confirm that

Posted

hi all

was woken up at 3.30 this morning to a massive clap of thunder with lightning, it continued on till about 5am, lots of fork lightning and thunder, also loads of heavy rain.

i should think a lot of people in poole and bournemouth were woken by the storm

Posted

I was awoken at 4:11am by a loud clap of thunder, then saw and heard the lightning and thunder continue for about 45 minutes until it stopped. I wasn't sure about the type of lightning, but the storm was rather close because the strike of lightning and clap of thunder were around 5 seconds away at one point I think. Torrential rain also :lol:

Posted

It seems that the Bristol Channel has generated the storm that narrowly missed a direct hit with Westbury this afternoon.

Echoes appear on the Bristol Channel coast at 14.30, rapidly develop and by 16.00 red is in them on the Wiltshire/Somerset border.

Just before 16.00 I heard a loud rumble of thunder just to my S and another followed at 16.05. The wind was very gusty for about 15 minutes but all is now quiet and bright.

Posted
It seems that the Bristol Channel has generated the storm that narrowly missed a direct hit with Westbury this afternoon.

Echoes appear on the Bristol Channel coast at 14.30, rapidly develop and by 16.00 red is in them on the Wiltshire/Somerset border.

Just before 16.00 I heard a loud rumble of thunder just to my S and another followed at 16.05. The wind was very gusty for about 15 minutes but all is now quiet and bright.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got that shower at about 3:00 PM. Had a short burst of heavy rain but no thunder at that point

Posted

I forgot to add in here that there was another rumble of thunder from a different cell an hour on from the 1st storm.

2 cells on an unpredicted afternoon!!