Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports 25th Aug 05

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

just started here again..nice purple flash of lightning and nice hail stones...winds picked up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
just started here again..nice purple flash of lightning and nice hail stones...winds picked up

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi lorraine! :) I'm also here in Swindon, looks like we maybe in for some more.Sky is very dark and wind is beginning to gust. B)

Posted

2 rumbles of thunder heard here in Sanderstead, Surrey.

With some heavy rain, only lasted a few minutes thougfh and I think the shower/storm is still buliding out to the east now.

Very chilly at 12.7C!!

Posted

Had quite a few rumbles this morning at about 10/11AM

Other than that nothing, but the StrikeAlert keeps beeping away to itself so hopefully some more are on the way.

Chris

Posted

Frequent rumbles of thunder, plus awesome C-C lightning to the SW of Canterbury. No rain as yet. Good show though.

EDIT: now raining, still rumbles of thunder.

Storm just finished at 1600. 30 minutes of moderate/heavy rain from 1530 onwards.

Edited by Essex Snow

Posted

Think we just caught the edge of Pauls storm, heavy rain for a bit and a couple of rumbles but no lightning that I saw, wind picked up, now calm and sunny again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

14:50 - Had a torrential downpour for all of 30 seconds, then a huge rumble of thunder, and then it went quiet again. It's just drizzling a little at the moment Very bizarre... It had been mainly sunny for most of the day, but lots of cb's missing North, South, East and West. Guess we finally took a small one full on B)

Posted

some fair weather cloud here at the moment in cheddar but there looks to be an anvil SW of me.

just looked at satellite for the next few days and it looks set to warm up considerabley on today's temps at only 15.2 degrees currently.

can't wait till winter for some more snow.

Posted

Yes, can also hear very distant thunder. The temperature has dropped drastically too. From around 18oC at 10am, is now at around 12oC. Bloomin cold here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Had torrential rain and some hail last night. Stayed dry adn breezy with sunshine until now but another shower has just passed over with squally hail. It only lasted 5-10 minutes but the precipitation came own so hard that the car windscreen was obscured by rain and hail. Has anyone reported any thunder and lightning yet today. See my website at My Webpage. B)

Posted

Compact but active little storm with hail and a couple of flashes a minute has just gone through Bracknell, heading East

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Very severe thunderstorm here in Colchester now easing off, houses opposite flooded by 2-3 ft of water fllowing down the hill behind us fortunately our flat's on the first floor. Thunder/lightning every few seconds.

Posted

Just Had a Severe Thunderstorm here in Colchester. The Main Road was completely flooded over for about 20 mins by 2-3ft of water, its now subsiding. The Rainfall was the most intense i have ever seen in my life!!!. Still some distant flashes of lightning

Posted

Just had a huge thunderstorm, lightning three or four times a minute, very strong winds and torrential rain preceeded by hail.

I was pleasantly surprised.!!

Posted

A few flashes of lightning here just now, with a bit of heavy rain but it's gone now. Ah well, it was good while it lasted.

Er... spoke too soon - it's thundering again! B)

Edited by lightningminx

Posted

just had a storm, constant thunder for about 20 minutes with only a couple of seconds between each rumble, not much lightning, but hail the like of i have never seen!