Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports 25th Aug 05

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Small rumble about 1.45pm during a hailshower.

Posted
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)

Had another single rumble and moderate rain here in Shortlands at around 17:00,

envious of all the big storms around! Hope the flooding's not too bad in Colchester.

DS

Posted
Had another single rumble and moderate rain here in Shortlands at around 17:00,

envious of all the big storms around! Hope the flooding's not too bad in Colchester.

DS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like you, we've just had the odd rumble so far here in Sanderstead (which isn't that far from Shortlands) Hoping for more before days end!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

About 5:50 here in Scarboroughm the Skies turned dark, and I was witness to a spectacular Thunderstorm with hail and heavy rain. It provided a spectacular sight as it sailed over Scarborough Bay, with the hail shaft illuminated by a vivid rainbow, with occasion CG lightning (CS? = Cloud-Sea). Lots of towering clouds still around so might not be the last of it for us here B)

Posted
About 5:50 here in Scarboroughm the Skies turned dark, and I was witness to a spectacular Thunderstorm with hail and heavy rain. It provided a spectacular sight as it sailed over Scarborough Bay, with the hail shaft illuminated by a vivid rainbow, with occasion CG lightning (CS? = Cloud-Sea). Lots of towering clouds still around so might not be the last of it for us here :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Had a brief storm in Southampton today, about 6 flashes and rumbles but hell did it rain! Caught a rainbow on the way home so thought i'd share the pic with you all B)

PS pic was taken out the train window thats what the black arch is!

post-2886-1124990339_thumb.jpg

Posted

Black sky for the last 50 minutes

getting nearer.

Winds recently up to 40mph.

Mammatus cloud,

a flash of lightning and 3 rumbles of thunder.

Now starting to rain to but brightness to the far west B)

Posted

Second T-storm occured at around 5PM at Canterbury. Cell moved in generally a NE direction and I was under the South-western side of it.

Very frequent thunder, some awesome lightning and beautiful mammatus. Lasted 35-40 minutes.

Posted

We had some very heavy rain for about 15 mins a about 3 rumbles of thunder.

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

starteds off the sunnys! then cloddeds overs.around three pms dark disgustings clods is visiteds and thens rain and hail is poured as wind is started gustings and suddenlys.............crashs bangzy wallops thunder is roarings for bout 25mins with lot of lightinings!

cleared ups, sun is came outs. then later it is rained heavys agains and then rainbow is beamings and then veryy cloddy blue skies & cheeely right nows!!! very odd weathers! where the focks is summers gones man? we is ebtter off starting winter earlys!!! not longs till xmos nows! yipseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Posted

cracking thunderstorm here at 0300 til about 0400 and it was accompanied by hail and incredible thunder/lightning - brilliant display - not so good when your driving in it but not to worry, it was cool - and a first

- in ware, northeast herts

Posted

Hi.

Been a Thundery day here in Cleethorpes. Last storm passed just off the coast at around 19:00. Seemed strange to see Lightning bolts over the sea when it was sunny where i was stood. Spectacular cloud formations at the moment.

Rgds

Glenn

Posted

took these 2 mins before torrntial down poor

and as i type 1 load thunder clap

rain still very hard very dark out to gunna go look

cus dont fink it last long

just had a few flashes of lightning but no more thunder as yet looks like its passing south of were i am

ps pics are looking north its pass bye now as i said to the south of here

post-1430-1124996853.jpg

post-1430-1124996868_thumb.jpg

post-1430-1124996879.jpg

Edited by fuzion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Heavy shower just passed Flint, no lightning or thunder, but it looks like we could get the odd rumble. I'm not happy, I left my bedroom window open and there water everywhere from the rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I thought all the storms were going to give up for the day when I went out before dinner at about 7pm. This is the timetable of my stormwatch tonight.

6.45 - Huge thunderstorm over the Mendips. Went down onto the moors and almost got struck by lightning.

7.00 - Dinner. A break between the showers.

7.45 - Went out and used up 24 pictures to photograph lightning, precipitation cascades and towering cumulonimbus clouds. I should have brought my sound recorder to record the thunder.

Posted

I have been on the phone upstairs looking to my North, in the last 15 minutes I have seen 7 flashes of lightning from a distant anvil including a few purple flashes. I estimate it to be 30 miles away and probably dieing out.

Very unexpected and most of the sky is clear.

There is nothing at all on the radar in the area these flashes have been coming from :) !!

What a day :) !

Posted

Today saw 2 thunderstorms in the late afternoon, the first here since 29th June. There wasnt much in the way of rain from either of them, but there was some impressive thunder and lightning.

Posted

Had 2 distinct small storms here; one at 3:15pm and the second about 5:45pm. I must say the thunder was proper booming overhead at one point during the first one. I didn't actually see any lightning in the sky, but saw it light up the interior of the rooms I was in!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

had a reasonably big storm here in Ipswich yesterday evening (i should know i was caught in it :( ) Loud, rumbling thunder, fairly frequent lightning, heavy rain, hail and it lasted a fair while, about half an hour to 45 minutes- a nice little treat :( lol