Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - 4th September 05

Paul Sherman

Posted

Am in south Essex and quite looking forward to any storms we may get this evening.

After a month in Spain in the Gavarres [north of Barcalona] saw a couple of spectacular storms there, with forked lightning hitting the hills opposite our villa.

We usually get one every year but had several this august, 2 severe.

Home wednesday evening so looking forward to any homegrown ones...............................................................she says rubbing her hands with a pot of glee.

Good to be back :(

Posted

Met office radar for 10.30 looking v.good now.......................................kids getting cats in!!!!!!

In Spain the kids would shout "here she comes" as a storm roared in...................they are at it again!!!

Any other radar reports looking as good???

Thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

hey guys, am back home again, are there any more storms on the way for south devon?.....radar looks pretty uneventfull at the moment!

Posted

Had the most severe storm in a long time, contineous thunder and lightning and torrential rain.

I chased this storm along with my brother (driver) and pulled up a few times to catch some fork lightning, while im typing this, the IOW radar is showing another cell in the channel, not sure whether thats heading my way or what. But here's hoping :(

Chris

Posted

Hi, another new reporter signing in here... :)

Hi

Yet another new reporter almost on top of the Chilterns 5miles N of High Wycombe.

Heavy rain about 2300 with lightning and thunder - seemed to be to N in direction of Aylesbury. Rain now stopped temp 18C

Sleep well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Still/Hot or extremes. Fog/Damp etc boring...

Saw the IOW cell building so drove south down towards brighton, then along the A24 and stayed with the storm as it moved up towards W. london. Saw some pretty impressive strikes, then left it there as it was very weak and drove back down the M25 back home! Only a small chase this time some 120miles, nothing compared to following weds one (covered some 320 miles then)

Ed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder & Lightning, Snow, Wind

Hi all, just found this :D

Keep hearing distant rumbling around Crawley, West Sussex area. (I know its nto the planes at Gatwick :D ) May of seen a couple of flashes to the south west, however the Horsham railway line runs over that direction.

I now cant see anything showing however on various lightning sites, I tend to use www.ukstorms.com, www.isleofwightweather.co.uk and i have an map image on my own website (www.fun4forums.co.uk).

Have just in last 20 minutes heavy rain. Anyone else in the area witnessed anything?

Carl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder & Lightning, Snow, Wind

That looks like the tollgate hill are if i'm right?... Which direction was that taken in.... i must of missed those when i popped into my studio to monitor music on my station (figures)

I'm up by Goffs Park/Downland drive area and have a large Amateur Radio Antenna on my roof so get a bit nervous when thunderstorms in area.

If anyone is interested I have some camcorder footage of the storm last week which knocked out power in crawley.

As i finish writing this, its just started pelting down again and my internet gone slow :/

Posted

OK, so technically it is now the 5th but I'm down in Rye, East Sussex and theres just been a couple of rather impressive strikes with Thunder. Being sat with curtains open in the dark meant I saw both (even if the first did scare it out of me!)

Posted

Had a few flashes and bangs at 230am this morning, have got something developing nearby now also, a few flashes and pitch black to the South and West.

Paul Sherman

Posted

We a had storm pass over us around 11.45pm which produced 5-6 flashes of lightning and one mother of a close strike which created probaly one of loudest thunder cracks I've ever heard. Its got everyone at work talking about it this morning, those that live in my area.

Edited by rob_weiss

Posted

Had a storm at roughly 10pm last night for roughly an hour. Some very impressive lightning strikes with one very very close. Lightning was far more impressive than the thunder but deep throaty rumbles. It was heading in the London direction and planes were stacking above my area as if to wait for the storm to clear allowing them into Heathrow.

Two stormy evenings in a week. Im one happy camper !! lol

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

crikeys what a storms last nights!!! the me is was shakings and wobblings likes a jellys!

it is starteds 11.30pms with mega bright treeple quadrooples flsh lightenings and mega loud boomings thunders. one of them is was such bad bad frighteninglys horrifeec lightenings and immeditae bangs likes three masseeev bombs goings off in a rows and sonic booms!

it is scared the friggins lifes out of the me! very awfil stricky nights and lot of torrential rains indeeds. it is went quiet by 1ams.

Posted

1 storm to report last night. Started around 2.45pm, and lasted a poor 5 minutes. A few rumbles of thunder and about 5 sheet lightenings.

Posted
crikeys what a storms last nights!!! the me is was shakings and wobblings likes a jellys!

it is starteds 11.30pms with mega bright treeple quadrooples flsh lightenings and mega loud boomings thunders. one of them is was such bad bad frighteninglys horrifeec lightenings and immeditae bangs likes three masseeev bombs goings off in a rows and sonic booms!

it is scared the friggins lifes out of the me! very awfil stricky nights and lot of torrential rains indeeds. it is went quiet by 1ams.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why do u talk like that? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Can report 34 flashes of lightning over the Liverpool/Speke area last night between 9.10pm and 9.40pm yesterday evening from the storm that developed over Shropshire and move northwards. Although the storm was too far away for thunder to be audible, the lightning was at time very bright and spectacular.

Posted

Had a good storm develop over me (again) last night bout 2ish was just heavy rain then just one mighty close flash followed by lots more. I love this area :D

Got to thank london for the heating

The north downs for making the clouds have to climb higher

and the lightning for making a lovely display and waking the neighbourhood up at such a crude time (especially as the kids go back to skool for the first time this morning) :D