Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn & Winter

Theme: Autumn & Winter

Closing date: 30th March 2006

As many entries as you wish, however all photos must be taken by yourself.

Could we do one?

Something like a monthly comp with a new subject each month , 3 weeks to submit and a week to vote? the winner could pick the next subject, water, ice, plants etc?

I would have set one up but I have no idea how to do a poll/voting type thing.

Posted
Could we do one?

Something like a monthly comp with a new subject each month , 3 weeks to submit and a week to vote?  the winner could pick the next subject, water, ice, plants etc?

I would have set one up but I have no idea how to do a poll/voting type thing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We do something similar on my painting forum.... different theme each month, and it works well. I think it's a great idea Mr H :angry:

Posted
Ok, pick a subject Wibs or Lou and lets give it a go, the voting shouldn't be difficult with only 3 of us :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Autumn . Well at least I have got the chance of being in the top 3 :D :lol:

Autumn .  Well at least I have got the chance of being in the top 3 :D   :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, autumn it is :)

Closing date 6th of november? that would give us just over 3 weeks to submit our fantastic pictures.

Hopefully the voting won't take long :lol: :D

Anybody else want to have a go?

Submit your Autumn pic by close of play on the 6th of november to win a fantastic prize*

The winner of this round will pick the next subject :rolleyes:

Rules:

The pictures MUST have been taken by you.

Each person may submit up to 3 images.

*This is a lie, there is no prize*

Edited by Hemlock

Posted

Ohh goody. this is where I can finally win something :rolleyes: Joke,,,but one problem is some people have an advantage over other people if they live in a particular area such as a village where you can get really good pics. So that must be taken into consideration when it comes to voting.

Edited by theredarrows

Posted
Ohh goody. this is where I can finally win something :rolleyes:   Joke,,,but one problem is some people have an advantage over other people if they live in a particular area such as a village where you can get really good pics. So that must be taken into consideration when it comes to voting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes good point, i live near a town so few trees, and photo ops for most things :lol:

:D But i am always searching for new things to photograph.

Posted
Do they have to be taken while the competition is running, or can I use ones from last year... or the year before etc.?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think they should be fairly recent :lol:

No sneaking pictures in out of our archives :rolleyes:

Do they have to be taken while the competition is running, or can I use ones from last year... or the year before etc.?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ideally taken for the comp but as some people will find it difficult to travel to locations to get pics etc I don't think it really matters, the main thing is the person submitting the picture has taken it :rolleyes:

Posted
The moderating team have very kindly agreed to pick a selection of pictures to go through to the voting stage once the final entry date has passed :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hurrah, now where's that squirrel!

Posted

Ok, taken today. After all the recent rain, mushrooms and toadstools are popping up everywhere :blink:

fungus1.jpg

Posted

great picture,

you are right, they are popping up everywhere, I noticed some in the cracks on the kerb stones at the the end of my road, not sure if I can get a pic without getting run over :blink:

Posted

autumnred1.jpg

Taken today on a dog walking session. Not so easy to do when the dog sees a cat and starts pulling when you press the button :blink:

Posted

Taken last night

Nice autumn sunset, after a horrid murky day, we had the most lovely sunset, today back to grey and murky :blink:

post-164-1129292188_thumb.jpg

Edited by carpgirllou

• UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-29 07:13:16 Valid: 29/03/2024 0600 - 30/03/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - FRI 29 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Difficult travel conditions as the Easter break begins

Low Nelson is throwing wind and rain at the UK before it impacts mainland Spain at Easter. Wild condtions in the English Channel, and more rain and lightning here on Thursday. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-28 09:16:06 Valid: 28/03/2024 0800 - 29/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 28 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F