Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 28th November

Posted
Sorry for the delay. But in case you forgot John. I'm from Hasland.

Can't you remember asking me this a few months ago :D

Never mind.

Anyway. There is nothing here at all. The odd flurry, but not settling.

apologies mate - me age!

j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Some heavier snow showers this afternoon between 1415 and 1600, about 4cm lying now.

T.M

Posted

My apologies to the moderators for breaking the two hour rule, but I thought you might all be interested to see just how big the snowflakes falling in Nuneaton were earlier.

nuneatonsnow47iu.jpg

The snow has stopped now, but from the looks of the sky there's more on the way.

Posted

Finally some snow in Walsall!! Started to snow quite heavily at around 12pm and has been on and off ever since. Approximately 2 cm's here since then (140m ASL) and still snowing at the moment though not as heavy as it has been.

Edited by simon1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mixed winters and springs, thundery summers and meditteranean autumns
Finally some snow in Walsall!! Started to snow quite heavily at around 12pm and has been on and off ever since. Approximately 2 cm's here since then (140m ASL) and still snowing at the moment though not as heavy as it has been.

Same here in SW Birmingham. 4 cm on grass with treacherous side roads and footpaths.

Posted
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!

Hello! 2nd time poster here so please be nice if I get this wrong! It started snowing on and off around 10am here in Knutsford (Cheshire), settling straight away, and then more in earnest by around midday. We then had a solid couple of hours of snow, resulting in around 1 1/2 - 2 inches on the ground - with everything covered.

It's actually the most amazing 'snowballing' snow (due to the temperature, so I'm told!) and therefore we have an impressive 4 foot snowman to show for 20 minutes fun! It stopped around 3pm, and we've had clouds since, but still cold, and a little thawing before dark.

Stubbette

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

medium snow shower at 7.30ams thees mornings. fattish flakes and lasted bout 2 mins!! :D first snow of season!!! more forecast for tongihts!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear sky or snow

we have 3 inches of lying snow here in kidsgrove north staffordshire and the roads are terrible. :D:(:(

Edited by trebor

Posted

it has just started snowing/sleat mix in east bristol very light but radar sugests more and heavy

on way I HOPE

let u know if it gets worse

Edited by fuzion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, Windy at the coast.

Good surprise snow showers here this morning from 9 am to about about 12.30

We got a good 1-1/2 to 2 inch covering.

The snow continued after dinner but turned wetter causing a thaw..

There's still some patches of lying snow about, on the grass and on some cars.

Even in the dark you can see the surrounding hills standing out white against the night sky.

Posted
it has just started snowing/sleat mix in east bristol very light but radar sugests more and heavy

on way I HOPE

let u know if it gets worse

Met Office radar suggests the heavier snow is making a bee-line for the Bristol area, as it's moving roughly towrads the SSW and SW.

Posted

Wow, just started to snow here, massive snowflakes, covering the grass, cars- everything very quickly.

Temp dropped from 2.2c to 0.5c in just 10 mins. My cat is going nuts!! first time he's seen snow. LOL. ;);) :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I can confirm that there was sleet/wet snow in Leeds this afternoon, which left the ground soaked.

I can also report that there was snow in Cleadon (Tyne & Wear), but that it failed to settle within a few miles of the east coast itself.

Posted
I can confirm that there was sleet/wet snow in Leeds this afternoon, which left the ground soaked.

I can also report that there was snow in Cleadon (Tyne & Wear), but that it failed to settle within a few miles of the east coast itself.

heavy snow just started here, about 10 miles ENE of bristol,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Well we had a small snow shower here this afternoon at about 3.30. but thats been it since Friday.

however we can be thankful for some snow falling in November!