Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports 26th December

Paul Sherman

Posted

Not promising here, clear skies, a harsh frost, -1.2º c, bit surprised i cant even see any cloud yet.

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

N-W radar showed a small snow shower (blue) creeping through towards the Oxford area. I tracked it until 10pm it was positioned directly over here. Rain. Crap again.

Edited by The Enforcer

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Had a short 'snow', albeit very wet, shower a short while back here.

Posted
N-W radar showed a small snow shower (blue) creeping through towards the Oxford area. I tracked it until 10pm it was positioned directly over here. Rain. Crap again.

Unless i'm mistaken then blue means rain. Pink means snow on the NW radar. Sorry to correct you i just don't want you to be dissapointed when you see blue blobs and think they are snow. ;):(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

occasional sleety wintry showers in folkestone, kent but now it is proper snow, starting to cpver the weyt cars and roads :( )

Posted

Set off from Chesterfield, Derbys at around 7:40pm and it was sleeting. Nothing else up the M1. Although I turned the security light on once I had got home and there were spots of something, but I think it was rain.

Edited by glynh

Posted
heavy snow shower here around 25mins ago..didnt last long

Snow an hour ago in Kettering, northants. Current temp 0.3C Clear Wet ground about to freeze

Posted
Correct button this time !

Now snowing heavily in Hastings ! ;)

Tamara

(Sorry Paul ;) )

That's fine Tamara :(

Still snowing hard - v. wet at the mo but so heavy that it's settling all the same! They gritted our road earlier and that's when you know it could be bad because we only live on a quiet residential street!

Hopefully it'll get colder later and the snow will settle properly then! I'll keep you posted!

Posted

Just wandered outside (as one does in one's pyjamas at 10:30pm on a Winter's eve) to find some chunky looking icy type stuff on the cars. Didn't see it falling, but I guess this could be counted as a snow report, as such. So there.

Posted
Just wandered outside (as one does in one's pyjamas at 10:30pm on a Winter's eve) to find some chunky looking icy type stuff on the cars. Didn't see it falling, but I guess this could be counted as a snow report, as such. So there.

Cars frozen hard here in Storrington too and have been for a few hours. I just stuck my head outta the window and I think the stars are starting to dissapear in the east ... or is that just my wishful thinking. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
Unless i'm mistaken then blue means rain. Pink means snow on the NW radar. Sorry to correct you i just don't want you to be dissapointed when you see blue blobs and think they are snow. ;):(

I made a mistake. I meant the radar showed pink for snow. Still got rain.

Posted
Cars frozen hard here in Storrington too and have been for a few hours. I just stuck my head outta the window and I think the stars are starting to dissapear in the east ... or is that just my wishful thinking. :(

Hi there neighbour!

Not much change here...am hoping for big snow from this "event", but it seems the media, and indeed the experienced forecasters on here aren't holding out much hope for us Sussexers ;)

Posted
little snow now in canterbury, actally, moderate snow :( an upgrade ;)

Just snowed for a few mins here in E. Sussex too - still pretty wet but some settled on top of the stuff from an earlier shower which has now frozen.

We need some proper, drier snow to come along during the night to produce a good covering for the morning.

I'm still pretty hopeful though - this is only the beginning...! ;)

Posted

Just been told that it's snowing right now and settling in Frant, Nr Tunbridge Wells on Kent/Sussex border.

Nothing here in Brighton :( ... come on you can do it, come to Brighton!

Edited by xxsnowflakexx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Now snowing, light - moderate, wind also picking up blowing snow around. Everything turning white in seconds! :(;)