Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports 27th Dec 2005

Posted

Had some pretty big flakes over the past half hour... which is accumilating (sp?) over the dusting we have had. Snow has settled mostly on rooftops but still very light over grass.

WBSH :doh:

Posted
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)

Brief but loud??! Snow shower here in Bromley - first of the spell afaik...

DS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy weather in winter. Dry and warm in summer.

Snowing moderately here in Gateshead. Nothing settling.

Posted

just woke up, and theres a dusting of snow in Derby. Not sure when it snowed, but it was after 2am. Sky is clear now - I assume it will melt away soon, but hopefully more showers later.

Looks good on the meto rainfall radar anyway, showers across as far as B'ham. Might go up the peak district later theyre bound to have snow up there.

Matt

Posted
Snowing moderately here in Gateshead. Nothing settling.

:doh: Snowing quite steadily here now and starting to settle on the minor roads.

Just stopped again 1 min after typing the above message

Edited by Davesty34

Posted

Good morning

I am a newbie!!

Woke up this morning on the Isle of Grain to a light covering of snow and then had a downpoar of the stuff. Also had 2 claps of thunder!! Has stopped for now and the sun has come out. Bloomin' freezing tho!!

Posted

Hi,

We had a sprinkling last night.

Homle-on-Spalding Moor, East Yorkshire "Lamp Post Watching Snowcam"

Jake's Back Garden Snowcam

I expect there will be more on the Yorkshire Wolds - we will be going armed with sledges shortly :doh:

Kind regards,

Scarf-Carrot-Coal

Posted

Had a light dusting of hail/snow overnight which is still lying thanks to a frost.

More to come by the look of the sky. :doh:

Posted

Continuous light snow here now with the sun out, temperature is -0.4C. Looking very festive!

Some dark clouds to the Northeast.

Snow depth at 09Z was 2cm, this is the first day of lying snow here in Leavenheath since March 4th, 2005.

Posted
  • Location: Thurleigh, Bedfordshire. 81m. ASL. Lat: 52º 12' 53" N Long: 0º 27' 14" W
  • Location: Thurleigh, Bedfordshire. 81m. ASL. Lat: 52º 12' 53" N Long: 0º 27' 14" W

Good morning everyone.

First snowfall in Thurleigh, measurable depth of 1.2cm, not sure what time it started, somewhere between 0230 and 0700 this morning. It had stopped just prior to 0900 obs, but just started again as I type (0917). :doh::p:D

Posted

We've had a covering overnight and the snow is currently falling again - quite heavily as I type this :doh:

nuneatonsnow50pf.th.jpg

EDIT:

nuneatonsnow61ia.th.jpg

I just took this image of the snow falling, at it's heaviest, here :p

Edited by Rob W

Posted

Almost continuous snow grains since 7am and 2 or 3 heavier showers have left about 0.5cm on the grass and cars, trees look lovely and the sky to the North-East is full of it.

Paul Sherman

Posted

Morning all,

Very windy/cold here in Cleethorpes. We have had brief Hail/sleet showers all morning, last shower produced big hail and a couple of cracks of thunder.

Rgds

G

Posted

First shower many of soft hail about 10 minutes ago and for a short time all was white but it melted fairly quickly,temperature 2.6c,humidity 83%,wind light easterly,barometer 1021 mb and steady.

Posted
First shower many of soft hail about 10 minutes ago and for a short time all was white but it melted fairly quickly,temperature 2.6c,humidity 83%,wind light easterly,barometer 1021 mb and steady.

:doh: just started again quite heavy now with a fair wind too. Settling well now, Could this be it. Sky very overcast and grey too.

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

VERY VERY LOVELY SCENE IS WAITS THE ME WHEN THE ME IS WOKES UPS!!!!

it is snowed sometime after 6ams! it is looks lovelys and aby flurries is steel falling s now and agains! 0.3c. last night bad firost is formed!!

THE ME IS TREMNDOUSLY EXCITED SNOW OS FINALLY ARRIVEDS AND THE ME IS GOTS ME'S XMOS LIGHTS ETC ONS!

NOT TOO DEEPS ON PATHS! BUT DEEP IN LEETLE POCKETY BITS! VERY WINTRY SCENES INDEEDLYS!

post-30-1135676385.jpg

Posted

Woke up at 7.30am and the world outside was white :doh: We have snow :D It is still here now only slowly melting on any roof facing the sun but elsewhere looking very nice.

Callie :p

Posted

Just started snowing here where I am in Herts. :doh:

Posted

Had a rather breif snow shower just now, started as ice balls but turned into nice big flakes for a while. It has settled, and current temp is -0.3c. More clouds coming over all the time, possibly with snow in them. Only a dusting on the floor as yet.