Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports 27th Dec 2005

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
Stanley is lovely thanks, just had a heavy snow shower for 5 mins just started covering the roads :D

I guess it was Feb 20th/21st when you got stuck, we had 8 inches in the garden!

Light snow now with more dark clouds on the way :D

i still deliver over there ,but im off this week .i know it gets quite bad especially in tanfield and south moor .

Posted
i still deliver over there ,but im off this week .i know it gets quite bad especially in tanfield and south moor .
i remember the day quite well .we also had thunderstoms and lightning ,one min it was ok next min you couldnt see in front of you ,,

Posted
Stanley is lovely thanks, just had a heavy snow shower for 5 mins just started covering the roads :D

I guess it was Feb 20th/21st when you got stuck, we had 8 inches in the garden!

Light snow now with more dark clouds on the way :D

I can't see any dark clouds for miles.

:(

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted

just had snow flurry here in whitburn (sunderland) but first fall was of hail and melted making ground wet so im hoping ofr sun to dry up ground before next shower so it would settle and very black where showers are coming from. update later...

omg!!!! heavy snow!!!! :D

Posted

Heavy snow in Derby now, for the last 10 mins. Settling everywhere, even on main roads which are now slushy!!

Interestingly, theres no flash warning for Derby, Derbyshire - just Notts, Leics!

Enjoy the snow (never expected this much).

Matt

Posted

Lots of heavy snow coming down here just outside of Coventry (east). Settling well, about 1cm already laying - much more to come hopefully.

Posted

Mistral, what have you got in your part of Rotherham? We have black clouds and snow potential in the SW, but only a few half hearted flurries. Then again, I am in the valley heading towards Sheffield. Looks to me like there is no depth to the cloud therefore limited precipitation.

Posted

unexpected few mm covering here in the protected from easterly, lancashire valleys.

Important thing here is weather warnings over the next week for ice/frost rather than wasting our time thinking about snow.

Have fun you guys in the east.

As for you lot in West Yorkshire, we on t'other side of t'pennines nicked a bit o'tha's snow!

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

SNOW SHOWERS ON/OFF SOME HEAVYS SOME LIGHTS! KEEPS COMINGS AND GOINGS! NOT TOO MUCH SETTLINGS THO'S!!!! HILLSIDES IS LOOKS THE STUNNINGS :D:D:D 0.6C!!!!