Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports 29th December

Hemlock

Posted

Looks to be snowing nicely now in Aberdeen. Around -2C there apparently and looks to be a cm or two that has settled at the moment.

http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/acc/images/...egate_00001.jpg

Posted

Got there before me Kincorth!

Yeah best fall of snow this winter from 5am and is still currently falling - moderate snow - probably 2/3" here.

An easterly has finally delivered! :) ...even though there's no wind! :rolleyes:

Just tested the snow, and it's powder snow! :)

Edited by Zerouali lives

Posted
:) hi all.......I've got about 5.5- 6 inches of laying snow here at the wash with small amounts falling pretty much all the time :D:) will have pics later of the past 2 days snow fall soon...I dont know if im right or not but im fairly sure that we had freezing fog here in lincs, i went walking and when i got back i had a fine frost over my hat!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes::)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A few snow flurries last night in Cleadon, Tyne & Wear, although most of the showers that made landfall passed away to the south.

Posted

Well, looks like we have around 4 inches total now, maybe more (taking into account what was already there), definitely more than I have seen in quite some time. We had quite a dumping overnight it seems.

post-4678-1135849774_thumb.jpgpost-4678-1135849817_thumb.jpg

Edited by ribster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

:cold: Amazing snowy pics guys! I've been showing my kids who are desperate for snow and can't believe them! Here in Swindon looking out the window looks dry and clear, however step outside and it's between 0- and -1c with no frost at all.

I'm watching the mild front pushing in from the west and wondering if as it hits this cold air whether any snow is forming?............it's our only chance! ;)

Posted

I can report snow showers for the 27th all day on and off but nothing substantial (about 1 cm lying)

Twi showeres yesterday - again pathetic but pretty to watch..

I'm hoping for something more substantial tonight tomorrow as the front passes over me.. keeping fingers crossed..

Posted

Very Strange here at the moment. The fog has come down in the last couple of hours. Have just been outside, and some definate fine spots of snow were falling. Very minute, but still definitive.

Posted

It is still -4.2c here after overnight low of -10.1,bright sunshine but about 1 mile down the road all the trees are covered in a thick rime from some freezing fog.

Posted

We seem to have light snow grains falling or snizzle whatever you want to call it. -1.8C. Still got about an inch of very icy snow on the ground, mostly from tuesday afternoon's snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Hot Summer days

Snowing now here as the rain band hits the cold air, flakes are trying to settle too. Enjoying the snow falling before it turns to rain

Posted

After a freezing cold night (-8C) the frost has only melted from some surfaces. Bitterly cold right now, -1C. First flakes are falling and snow is slowly getting heavier.

Posted

Just started snowing lightly here!

Edit 3.02 pm- Getting steadily heavier and heavier! gone VERY gloomy as well!

Edited by bennytes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Light snow just started falling here. Fingers crossed that is turns into more.

Was only expecting rain so a couple of hours of the white stuff would be nice - until we get back to the mild of course.

Posted

hey there.. bitterly cold in nottingham.. temperature has not got abive -2 all day slap bang in the city centre... dropping back now and in the last hour very fine snow grains/ ice pellets leaving an icy covering everywhere on top of the two inches of snow that is frozen solid... an awesome day and far above anything i was expecting at the start of the week

Posted

Whiteouts in Dorchester (Dorset) 15 miles from me here in Bournemouth