Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports 29th December

Hemlock

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

current tempsie is -1.3c very very dulls and snow lyings everywheres and odd flurries floatings arounds. seems bit foggy iswells? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

We had a few lingering snow showers early this morning which re-covered the driveway and road out back which had been clear for a while. The road conditions here are treacherous as most of it froze after it fell. Now I'm looking to the west for the next snow to arrive. Hopefully it will be here overnight, when it will be coolest and I'll wake up snowed in tomorrow! :)

0C in Blackpool, but still no sign of snow. Nothing unusual there, though, we never get it. :)

There are some pretty impressive looking clouds forming out there and everything is still frozen from last night.

Hoping, preying and doing a naked snow dance as we speak. It's not working, although I do have frost bite on some of my extremities. :)

Posted
Whiteouts in Dorchester (Dorset) 15 miles from me here in Bournemouth

Can confirm that, just come back from Wool and the drive all the way to Bridport was getting quite bad,rain in Bridport though but snow up the hill at my house

Posted

Snow has now become heavy, 2cm covering. I'm not sure if it's starting to turn sleety though, there seems to be a heavy and wet sound to it now.

Posted
Snow here in Cardiff, although the latest ahower seems to be dying out. Enough to turn my back yard white and give cars a good covering.

Snowing quite heavily in Caerleon, 1.5 miles nw of Newport. Met Office warning issued for Wales.

Posted

Finally!!

Just started snowing :)

Getting heavier by the minute but only light at the moment. Can imagine it getting quite nasty if we hit some heavier areas of precipitation. The winds blowing quite hard!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Been snowing here for the last hour. It has settled and given us a shallow covering. It is now turning to rain as I type :) It has been brief but beauitful :)

Posted
Very Strange here at the moment. The fog has come down in the last couple of hours. Have just been outside, and some definate fine spots of snow were falling. Very minute, but still definitive.

I can confirm the above. The same stuff was falling in Nuneaton, this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

It's just started snowing here in Malvern (at least it is where I live at approx 800 feet ASL). It's still about -2C here at present, so any snow will settle readily.

The snow is only light at present but, looking at the 4.30 Met Office radar, things may well get more interesting for Worcestershire in the next couple of hours.....

Posted
I can confirm the above. The same stuff was falling in Nuneaton, this morning.

the explanation is with very low temps, even in apparently clear air, what are called snow grains, can fall, even more so in fog.

Over a couple of hours, if it persists it can cover the ground.

hope that helps

John

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
Snow has now become heavy, 2cm covering. I'm not sure if it's starting to turn sleety though, there seems to be a heavy and wet sound to it now.

Hi Ross,

Sod all up here yet...How are you keeping?? :):)

Posted

it has been snowing for at least an hour now, and it is sticking with about 2 cm on the ground here in cheddar, getting heavier as i speak, no signs of it turning to rain, but there is a met-office weather warning out for the west country. maybe there could be a few more hours to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

Snowing in Chippenham now and laying with no problems.

Posted

A couple of snow showers today, just a light covering but it's not going anywhere because of the temps so looks like a winter wonderland all frosty and white.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

occasional snowflakes right now

Posted

Snowing here at the moment, about 7 miles south of Gloucester. It's only light at the moment, but settling. Temps still below freezing point too.

Bill

Posted

Just been out driving and it seems to have turned to drizzle! the milder air is in here by the looks of it.

Posted

Hi everyone, been snowing since 4.45pm but it is light and only a dusting on roads/cars and grass. Hopefully it might pep up before turning to rain, my 3yr old wants to build a snowman before bedtime :D:D:D