Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports 29th December

Hemlock

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Snowing very light now , we've got about 0.5cm, but i notice that there is a heavy band just crossing merseyside ,so hopefully thats headed my way , i'm off to bed in a bit and i fully expect to look out of the window in the morning and see a covering of..............................

Rain ;):)

Posted
snowed for about 2 hrs from 6pm - 8Pm accumilated about 3 cms thaw stared about 10 pm

Snowed for about the same time up here but only 1cm lying. Temperature now at 0.7C for past half hour,slight thaw going on, dewpoint still -0.8C though, probably warming up too quick for the next front to bring anything white! Here`s hoping I`m wrong ;)

WOTS

Posted
it started to snow in southeast Scotland ;):)

No snow over this side of pennines yet, still cold tho

Posted

Started snowing here in East Lothian 15 mins ago just very light but now the flakes are much bigger and it is starting to get much heavier :)

This is still the first band of precipitation too and with the second one meant to get very heavy by the time it reaches here i could have a pretty intresting 12 hours coming up! Im off to listen to Coldplay and lampost watch for an hour before bed B)

Posted
Started snowing here in East Lothian 15 mins ago just very light but now the flakes are much bigger and it is starting to get much heavier :)

This is still the first band of precipitation too and with the second one meant to get very heavy by the time it reaches here i could have a pretty intresting 12 hours coming up! Im off to listen to Coldplay and lampost watch for an hour before bed B)

Got a SLIGHT DUSTING of something.... The ground is frozen so its sat there. Not snow. Gaupel sort of....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

snowed a good 6-7 hours this evening/tonight, 3-4cm in total by the end of it although 1cm level on ground most of it was blown against the wall, and possibly more to come in the early hours although doubtful as the temperature is around 0.3C and rising

Posted

Yeah, same here.

Snowing currently with about 3-4cm cover :)

Geting a little heavier now but also a little warmer by the looks of things B)

Posted
Light snow falling in leeds for the last hour or so.

I'm on the hill between Middleton n Rothwell, Just Light dusdting here, but V cold out. B)

I'm on the hill between Middleton n Rothwell, Just Light dusdting here, but V cold out. :)

My 1st time here, but judging by direction of fall, weather cond's permittin, in the next 2.5 hrs,could Yorkshire see summat rather special .... as a Blimp, pops over the hill from Manc .....

Posted

Starting again here, big flakes like the old 50 pence's and the temp is now rising (0.6 now from -1.2 in the last hour)

Posted

dusting here, been on and off since 8:30pm, got a lot heavier now though and blowing about.

Posted

Well we have had a very thin layer of snow on the ground for a couple of days - literally a few layers of snowflakes that have frozen and so any snow falling on un-gritted areas lie's. But the snow here in the last hour has been very hit and miss. No truely heavy falls yet, just very light (got light again after i said it was getting heavier in the earlier reply) and now getting a little heavier again but certainly not heavy, not even moderate! But we ought to have a decent amount lying 10 hours from now! B)