Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports 30th December

Matt B

Posted

There was nothing falling at 6am, went back to bed and woke up at 9am to find ground covered in white stuff... not enough to be of any use - still haven't been able to use the sledges!!!! Now it seems to be falling as rain - ARE WE EVER GOING TO GET SOME DECENT SNOW?????????

:D

We're in bedfordshire!!!!

Edited by nej1965

Posted

Now just rain after being very turbulent, switching from snow to rain to hail to sleet to snow and a blistery wind blowing all the time. Very dark, 1cm on the ground melting fast. :D

Temp : 0.6c

Posted
Was sleety at 5.30 but now proper snow :D

It was the same in Reigate when I was driven to the station - was still snowing at 8.30 according to the future Mrs Plum!

Posted

We had the tiniest of dustings last night around 9pm. Woke this morning expecting further snow, And instead everthing had melted, and it was hammering down with RAIN!!!!

Not happy!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Light snow between 5:30 and 8am in Cleadon, turned sleety between 8 and 9am, but then turned heavier and started settling again in the last hour despite the temperature staying constant at 0.8-0.9C.

3cm old snow and 1cm new snow. The main difference is the type of covering- most of Wednesday's snow was powdery, while the current covering is very wet and sticky.

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

IT IS SNOWED OVERNIGHTS. THE ME IS HAD NOTHER DUSTINGS AND CAR AND ROAD IS WAS COVERED. TEMP IS NOW 1.6C AND IT IS FUFFIN SLEETINGS AND TURNINGS SLUSHY BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:D:):D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Heavy snow overnight/this moring in Glenurquhart...3-4" on the ground! :D

Posted

Raining here which is rapidly melting the lying snow. Started as sleety snow but added no new accumilations, just slush drifting up the walls. Soon turned to sleet then rain. Higher parts round here seem to have more snow though. rain at 0.8oc?

Woke up to heavy snow, which carried on for a good few hours, giving us an accumulation of a good 4 inches.

Turned to sleet, then rain about half an hour ago, but is now trying to turn back to sleet/snow.

Temp is 0.5c

Posted

Just phoned by Mrs T...The snow's so thick over there, that she can't get out yet!

Posted
it has been snowing and blowing a hooley all morning just outside dover,kent,i have 2 foot drifts in my field.. :D

I'm curious as to your name...Tatty was my nickname at school for years... :)

Posted

Heavy rain here since 10am.

Sleet between 8.30 and 10am with freezing rain?(ice pellets)

Snow up to 8.30am

About 1cm of lying snow at 8.30am

A dusting of snow has not melted since falling on 27 Dec. My neighbour tells me we had 3 short heavy snow showers that only resulted on about 1/2cm on the ground - and I have been away until yesterday and missed it!! :D

Yesterday say a minimum of minus 7c and maximum of minus 4.5c with some very light snow falling during the evening through freezing fog.

Posted

7.30am:

Was snowing here, fairly wet but still lying, total accumulation 6cm level, fresh overnight snow 3cm , 7.30am. temp. -1C

12.00noon

Snow turned to heavy rain, now just a light drizzle. Temp 0.5C. Visibility improving and air temp feels colder. Thaw is slowing down - possibly about ready to freeze again.

Edited by frogesque

Posted

Apologies for belated updates from NW Yorks, been off-line doing far more bill-paying and children-pleasing things for the past few weeks. Anyway, snow here in Stratosdale on Boxing Day (a vertibile dusting) evening, the 27th (several light showers adding up to an accumulation of a moderate dusting) and into the 28th (a heavy dusting, say 5mm).

Then snowed last night and this morning, adding about another 5mm, so only around 1cm total. Rather disappointing, though seasonal none the less.

Currently very foggy. Suspect that's it for snow for some time.

Apologies for belated updates from NW Yorks, been off-line doing far more bill-paying and children-pleasing things for the past few weeks. Anyway, snow here in Stratosdale on Boxing Day (a vertibile dusting) evening, the 27th (several light showers adding up to an accumulation of a moderate dusting) and into the 28th (a heavy dusting, say 5mm).

Then snowed last night and this morning, adding about another 5mm, so only around 1cm total. Rather disappointing, though seasonal none the less.

...however, I did go somewhere where there was oodles of snow...

Posted
Tatty is the name of my Landrover :D Although the same could be said for me :blush:

:lol: You had better snow than I did... :D:D

Edited by Peter Tattum

Posted

...however, I did go somewhere where there was oodles of snow...

post-364-1135945656.jpg