Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports 6th January 2006

Shiny_Bottom_1

Posted

Some "easterly" this is! A few grains floating around on Stratos Moor this morning, with a light dusting on the walls, but below about 700' this had turned back to drizzle.

I'm thinking that we're going to have to come up with a whole host of new terms to differentiate between the piddling small amounts of snow we have nowadays. So far this winter I've had a light dusting, a very very light dusting, and an all but negligible trace.

Posted

Slightly better dusting following a ever so slightly heavier snow shower in the last 30 mins, maybe close to 0.5mm on the ground in places..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

Hi fellow members,

I dont know whether you are interested in this link.

http://www.awekas.at/en/temp.php?karte=eu&...m=25&x=0&y=1430

I joined yesterday.You need a weather station with computer upload facility.(Run cursor over stations and you get immediate info) Double click and you get the full weather site of each member).

Why I posted this is that during a cold spell like now you can within a few moments get the temps from the continent through to GB and Ireland and see the progression of the temps from East to West.

Posted
Hi fellow members,

I dont know whether you are interested in this link.

http://www.awekas.at/en/temp.php?karte=eu&...m=25&x=0&y=1430

I joined yesterday.You need a weather station with computer upload facility.(Run cursor over stations and you get immediate info) Double click and you get the full weather site of each member).

Why I posted this is that during a cold spell like now you can within a few moments get the temps from the continent through to GB and Ireland and see the progression of the temps from East to West.

great site john thanks for that enjoy going through everybodys cams looks like parts of germany have had shed loads of snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind
great site john thanks for that enjoy going through everybodys cams looks like parts of germany have had shed loads of snow

I'm glad you enjoyed it Andy.

Yep I love the web cams and the site is simple to use.

I hope you get some snow soon.

Here is a nice winter scene taken from one of the cams in Germany.

webcam.jpg

I like it so much I have made it my avitar. I have used the URL of the cam so it should continually change.

Edited by John Cox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Intermittant light snow grains from early this morning until present.

A very thin scatter of lying grains this morning, about the same amount as if Gillian McKeith had sprinkled salt on your dinner.

Temp' currently 0.6c.

T.M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

A few snow grains falling, very surprising really because the dewpoint is above 0°C and, there's alot of latent heat out there, it actually feels mild and 2°C

Posted

Lamp post watch proved fruitful after I'd logged off last night :lol: .

It was a flurry of proper snowflakes that did nothing other than get hopes up.

Posted

Drizzle all day that turned to snow grains in the heavier bursts. Had proper snow for 10 mins around lunch time that settled briefly. Temp at 2.1oc

Edited by stumathers

Posted
I'm glad you enjoyed it Andy.

Yep I love the web cams and the site is simple to use.

I hope you get some snow soon.

Here is a nice winter scene taken from one of the cams in Germany.

webcam.jpg

I like it so much I have made it my avitar. I have used the URL of the cam so it should continually change.

I know this is a breach of the rules for this thread but I have to say that I had to double take the photo there and check the caption: for a moment I thought Peterborough had received a right dumping. Silly me, whatever was I thinking of in a SE'ly in early Jan?

Posted

Just a little light snow on the hills this morning above about 250m asl visible on the way to work.

Posted

A light dusting of snow grains on the ground this morning which has melted through the day.

Light showers of snow grains until about 10am then dry and cloudy.

Yesterday we had snow grains falling all day but no more than temporary light coverings.

Temperature has hovered at minus 1c to plus 1c throughout the last 48 hours.

Maybe we will be lucky with rather more snow tomorrow as per the snow risk alert issued.

Posted

Few flakes mixed in here with a bit of light drizzle, nothing on radar most of the day but it's been on and off all day. Maybe proper snow in a few hours when that trough in channel budges this way.