Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

UV Ray Reader - Please Give Honest Feedback

davallica

Hi,

My name is Stephen Davis and I am studying BA Multimedia Product Design, Uwic, Cardiff.

I am for my major project looking to design an interactive hand held UV ray reader for holiday makers, or anybody who requires one. To back all this up I need to do a 2000 word report which includes big bulks of researching supporting this idea.

Firstly I’d like to know what your thoughts are on this proposed design? The idea iv currently got is a small gadget type product which will gives you recommendations by entering your skin type i.e. cover up in a certain cream. People with children would be able to keep an eye on them. From my current research its clear skin cancers are increasing and mainly fair people suffer worse. I have currently handed out 25 questionnaires with mainly positive feedback on this.

I would be greatly appreciative if you could get back to me with any kind of response on the matter.

Hope this interests you and here back from you

Many thanks

Stephen Davis BAMMPD (UWIC)

Posted

Hi Stephen - I'll just move this into an area where it might get noticed - instead of the backwater that is Weather Eye! :)

And welcome to Net-Weather.

Posted

Hi Stephen,

for your info I have got a small UV Strenght detector that I bought last year I think. Got it for taking out with me with the Grandchildren

I think I bought it of that well known auction site. When I find it again I will send you details.

Hi Stephen,

for your info I have got a small UV Strenght detector that I bought last year I think. Got it for taking out with me with the Grandchildren

I think I bought it of that well known auction site. When I find it again I will send you details.

Thanks for the response i have found such simialr products around, however what new / exciting features could be introduced, any suggestions are welcomed.

If you had one what would you like to see, also the design style etc?

Posted

What about something that works with, or can be connected to or stuck on a mobile phone?

HI all,,

as previously mentioned i am looking to design a UV reader device,,

i know some are on the market but can be improved

I am posting to get postive and interesting response

What type of features would be benefitial in such a product? what interface options would you like

?

what size, colour, materials, style etc

any response is welcomed

email: davallica@hotmail.com