Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports,

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

sloppy sleety showers started here about midday, temps yo-yoing between 3C and 5C. (and so is RH if my gadget is to be believed.)

Posted

one sleety shower about 10am ish, but just had a proper snow shower (flakes too! :D )

only lasted about a minute though in my location :( hopefully more to come :D

Posted

had another 3 short sharp showers of those silly graupel type balls :D

Posted

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

just had a proper 5 minutes snow flake blizzard :D

Posted

Well we started with sleet showers, then pellets and this evening a couple of snow showers. There is a dusting over the fields, the wind is strong and what little snow has fallen has drifted into corners!

Posted
Well we started with sleet showers, then pellets and this evening a couple of snow showers. There is a dusting over the fields, the wind is strong and what little snow has fallen has drifted into corners!

What altitude are you at there?

Posted

Just had a proper blizzard here, lasted a good 10 mins...looks like there is more on the way, a good dustin on the ground. Does anyone know if its ok to post pictures of the snow here??? i have some and there quite good :D

Posted
Just had a proper blizzard here, lasted a good 10 mins...looks like there is more on the way, a good dustin on the ground. Does anyone know if its ok to post pictures of the snow here??? i have some and there quite good :(

stick 'em up man! :D I think I'm doomed here for real stuff :D

Posted
You should get NW-Extra, the weather type radar lets you watch where the showers are heading.

worth getting although not yet i have my eye on the weather station prize :D got to stop reminding people

Posted
post-4308-1139434804.jpgpost-4308-1139434775.jpgpost-4308-1139434751_thumb.jpgI have decided to post some pictures re: snow this evening, there have been some very heavy snow showers, only problem is that they are snow showers and not prolonged in any way at all. I really wouldnt be surprised if it were truely white in the morning, especially as the snow in these pictures has only really fell in the past 2 hours or so....will keep posting pics here if its ok with the mods???? :D

Posted

Yep pictures are fine, although remember this topic is only for reporting the snow not discussing it :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Just like to report a 5 minute spell of severe weather which happened at 00.45 (22 hours ago). I would have reported this earlier, but have been working long hours. :lol:

00.20 this morning - The rain was moderate, with some gusty winds.

00.30 - The rain drops were getting bigger and bigger. I could hear how heavy from indoors (We also have triple glazing). :o

00.40 - JUMPED out of bed :lol: well it was a 4/5 minute spell of ferocious winds and extremely heavy rain (Like a Thunderstorm). The last minute was the worst, and actually quite frightening from indoors!! The rain was blowing left to right at an extreme speed with trees and fence panels being tested to the max. Then hail started falling (at this stage I couldn't see anything outside, rain/hail was like fog and wheelybins blowing all over the place), but only lasted 20 seconds I'd guess.

00.45 - Rain/hail had completely stopped, wind had dropped significantly!!

All in all this was a complete shock!! What I'd like to know is did anyone else experience this lastnight, ie in Essex/suffolk? And has anyone got a radar pic from 00:30 - 00:45

Many thanks

Mammatus

Edited by Mammatus

Posted
Just like to report a 5 minute spell of severe weather which happened at 00.45 (22 hours ago). I would have reported this earlier, but have been working long hours. :lol:

00.20 this morning - The rain was moderate, with some gusty winds.

00.30 - The rain drops were getting bigger and bigger. I could hear how heavy from indoors (We also have triple glazing). :o

00.40 - JUMPED out of bed :lol: well it was a 4/5 minute spell of ferocious winds and extremely heavy rain (Like a Thunderstorm). The last minute was the worst, and actually quite frightening from indoors!! The rain was blowing left to right at an extreme speed with trees and fence panels being tested to the max. Then hail started falling (at this stage I couldn't see anything outside, rain/hail was like fog and wheelybins blowing all over the place), but only lasted 20 seconds I'd guess.

00.45 - Rain/hail had completely stopped, wind had dropped significantly!!

All in all this was a complete shock!! What I'd like to know is did anyone else experience this lastnight, ie in Essex/suffolk? And has anyone got a radar pic from 00:30 - 00:45

Many thanks

Mammatus

Hi i have pm'ed you the radar image :):)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Hi i have pm'ed you the radar image :lol: :o

Thanks mate. Really pleased. The 00:45 image shows a red blob 20 miles E - S/E of Cambridge, which is where I live. Really appreciate that.... :lol:

Mammatus. :)

Posted

one sad bunny here... been listening to the sporadic tinkle of graupel against the north-facing window on and off this evening, very little at all. Getting desperate here, there's been so little white stuff this winter. In fact I can't remember such a snow-free winter going back too long to remember - even the hills have been bare. The last really snowy winter was '95/'96 when it was arctic for some of the time. Time to have a read up on the effects of climate change perhaps. Buenas noches.